Hamburger Soup is like a warm, savory hug in a bowl. Perfect for those days when you’re craving comfort food but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen.
Picture a steaming bowl packed with the rich flavors of ground beef, an assortment of veggies, and a medley of mouthwatering spices. It’s like a warm, delicious hug for your taste buds. But what’s even better is that it’s simple and versatile and won’t leave you drowning in dishes. Let me spill the beans on why you’re going to adore this recipe.
Whether it’s a cold winter night, a hectic weeknight, or just one of those days when you need a familiar, satisfying meal, Hamburger Soup has your back.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE HAMBURGER SOUP
- Simplicity at Its Best: You don’t need a pantry full of exotic ingredients or hours of prep time for this one. Hamburger Soup is a humble dish made with readily available, budget-friendly ingredients.
- Customizable Goodness: This recipe is incredibly versatile. You can toss in your favorite veggies or switch up the spices to suit your taste. It’s your kitchen, your rules!
- One-Pot Wonder: Who likes doing tons of dishes? Not us! With Hamburger Soup, you get all the flavors without the cleanup headache. A single pot is all you need.
- Nutritious and Delicious: It’s a fantastic way to sneak in those veggies you might not be a fan of. Plus, you get a hearty, satisfying meal that’s perfect for the whole family.
- Year-Round Comfort: Whether it’s a cold winter night or a busy weeknight, Hamburger Soup is your trusty companion. It’s quick, easy, and perfect for any time of the year.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE HAMBURGER SOUP
- Ground Beef
- Diced Tomatoes
- Red Pepper
- Tomato Sauce
- Beef Broth
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Smoked Paprika
- Garlic Powder
- Worcestershire Sauce
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE HAMBURGER SOUP
- Measuring Cups/Spoons
- Mixing Bowls
- Large Pot
HOW TO MAKE HAMBURGER SOUP
- Brown the ground beef in a large pot over medium heat. Once it’s partially cooked, add diced onions, celery, carrots, and red pepper. Sauté the mix until the onions turn translucent.
- Now, it’s time to add the rest of the ingredients. Throw in the potatoes, peas, corn, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, oregano, kosher salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Reduce the heat to low, and let this flavorful concoction simmer for about 30 minutes. This magical time allows all the flavors to blend and the veggies to become perfectly tender.
- You’re ready to serve and enjoy your homemade Hamburger Soup! Add a slice of crusty bread, and you’re in for a delightful meal.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I use ground turkey instead of beef?
Absolutely! Ground turkey works great as a leaner alternative, and it still gives the soup that hearty, meaty goodness.
How can I store and reheat leftover Hamburger Soup?
To store, let it cool to room temperature and then place it in an airtight container. It stays fresh for 3-4 days in the fridge. When reheating, you can use a microwave for a quick fix or heat it on the stovetop for a more even result.
Can I make it in an Instant Pot or slow cooker?
You can indeed! For an Instant Pot, follow the same steps until you need to simmer, and then pressure cook for about 5-7 minutes. In a slow cooker, give it 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.
Can I freeze Hamburger Soup?
Absolutely, Hamburger Soup freezes wonderfully. Just make sure to use a freezer-safe container, and it’ll be good for about 2-3 months.
What makes Hamburger Soup so special?
It’s like a big, warm hug for your taste buds. The combination of savory beef, fresh vegetables, and aromatic spices in a single pot is just unbeatable. Plus, it’s incredibly versatile and easy to make.
- Measuring cups/spoons
- mixing bowls
- large pot
- 1 lb ground beef D’Artagnan
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cups potatoes cubed
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup corn
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 cups beef broth
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Place a large pot over medium heat and add the ground beef.
- Once the beef is partially cooked, add the diced onion, celery, carrot, and red pepper.
- Sauté the mixture until the onions become translucent.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot, including potatoes, peas, corn, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, oregano, kosher salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Let the soup simmer for about 30 minutes, allowing all the flavors to meld together and the vegetables to become tender.
- Ready to serve up and enjoy.
Hamburger Soup is a recipe that you’ll turn to time and time again. It’s the perfect blend of simplicity, heartiness, and flavor. Whether you’re a fan of quick and easy dinners, a lover of nutritious comfort food, or just someone who appreciates a tasty, no-fuss meal, this soup will have a special place in your recipe collection. It’s time to get your pot simmering and enjoy a warm, satisfying bowl of Hamburger Soup.