When it's cold outside I just want to curl up on the coach and cozy up with a warm bowl of soup. This Dairy Free Creamy Loaded Baked Potato Soup is one of my favorites!
Potatoes unto themselves are already such a comfort food. However you cook them, mashed, roasted, or fried; they're almost universally loved. When you take something that's already a comfort food and combine with the warming hug of soup, you have the makings of the perfect night in.
Skip ordering take out and cozy up with this quick and easy dish. Dairy Free Creamy Loaded Baked Potato Soup will satisfy your hunger while warming your soul.
There's something about soup that's just a full experience. From the way it perfumes the entire house as it simmers away on the stove, to wrapping your hands around the bowl and letting its heat soothe you and seep into your bones.
Can we all agree all good things start with bacon? Not any bacon will do though. Niman Ranch Applewood Smoked Uncured Bacon makes this dish extra special and decadent. I love the flavor it infuses into every bite. From the onions that are sauteed in its drippings to the bits that mingle with the pillowy potatoes, and of course the crowning touch of crispy bacon on top.
When it comes to picking ingredients, I always buy products I feel good about serving my family and friends. Niman Ranch's bacon is free of nitrates and nitrites. Certified humane, it's also free of antibiotics. Whether it's a couple crispy strips next to your morning eggs or bringing savory flavor to a soup, I love cooking with this bacon.
While bacon is the heart of this soup, the supporting stars all bring decadent texture and flavor. Dairy Free cream cheese along with Dairy Free heavy cream give a silky texture. Worcestershire sauce and Dairy Free cheddar add that tang and umami. And of course, there are potatoes, pillowy soft nuggets simmered in all of that creamy smoky bacon laced broth.
Souper Easy Dairy Free Creamy Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Not only is this soup everything you crave in comfort food, it also couldn't be easier. So decide what you're going to binge watch while curling up on the sofa and getting warm with a bowl.
- Heat your stock pot on medium heat.
- Add your chopped bacon and cook it till browned. Allow the cooked bacon to drain on a paper towel while you prepare the rest of the soup, but retain the drippings.
- Add your onions and cook them in the bacon drippings until they are translucent. If they start to get too brown lower the heat to medium-low.
- Add the chicken stock and potatoes to the pot and allow it to simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- While I wrote this recipe to be Dairy Free you can use full Dairy products as an even swap.
- Add your spices, Worcestershire sauce, and Dairy Free cream cheese to your Dairy Free Creamy Loaded Baked Potato Soup. Allow it to cook until the cream cheese has dissolved.
- Stir in your heavy cream, Dairy Free cheese, and most of the bacon. You want to reserve some of the bacon for topping your soup.
- Cook for an additional 10-20 minutes until the soup has thickened.
- Just like a baked potato is all about the toppings, so is this soup. Add a dollop of sour cream, shredded cheese, fresh chives, and of course bacon!
Are you looking for more easy soup recipes? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten and Dairy Free Ham and Corn Chowder. Now let's get cooking!
Dairy Free Creamy Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Stock Pot
- 12 oz Niman Ranch Uncured Applewood Smoked Bacon, chopped
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed approximately ½" pieces
- 1 onion, diced large
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 8 oz Dairy Free cream cheese can use full dairy
- 10 oz Dairy Free cheddar cheese shreds can use dairy cheddar
- 2 cups Dairy Free heavy cream can use full dairy
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chives
- 1 ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Bacon, Dairy Free sour cream, Dairy Free cheddar, and chives for topping
- Heat your stock pot on medium heat.
- Add the chopped bacon and cook for several minutes until it's browned.
- Remove the bacon from the pot and allow to drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the onions to the pot with the bacon drippings. Allow the onions to sauté until translucent. If they start to brown reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Add the chicken stock and potatoes to the pot. Cook for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Add the spices, Worcestershire sauce, and cream cheese. Mix to combine. Allow it to simmer until the cream cheese dissolves into the broth.
- Add the heavy cream, cheddar, and most of the bacon. Reserve some of the bacon for topping.
- Cook for an additional 10-20 minutes until the cheese has melted and the soup has thickened.
- To serve top with reserved crispy bacon, cheddar, sour cream, and chives.