What do you do when you have leftover cookies? You make Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Peanut Butter Pie.
I know it almost sounds like an oxymoron, leftover chocolate chip cookies, but trust me when I say you will want to make extra cookies just to make this dessert. What goes better with chocolate than peanut butter?
That's the Way the Cookie Crumbles
I love desserts that I can make ahead of time and that get better the longer they sit. This Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Peanut Butter Pie is exactly one of those desserts. The best part, there is no baking required. Anyone can make this!
I also love this dessert because it allows me to use up something, like chocolate chip cookies, and combine it with a few pantry staples. This is the perfect quick and easy sweet confection that will instantly disappear.
The base of this irresistible pie starts with crumbled chocolate chip cookies. I am using homemade Gluten Free cookies for this recipe, but use what you like and have.
The next layer brings that perfect combination of tangy Dairy Free cream cheese and decadent peanut butter. The cream cheese helps balance the sweetness while also giving that airy luxurious texture.
What goes better with peanut butter than chocolate? The next layer comes straight from the pantry. Use your favorite brand of instant chocolate pudding. I use oat milk to keep this Dairy Free.
Last, it's all about that crowning fluffy glory of whipped topping. This is also another opportunity to use something already made and that's your favorite.
Layering Up Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Peanut Butter Pie
This is a dessert that you want to make ahead so it can set up. You can even make this the night before to serve the next day. The longer it sets, the softer the cookies become and the more the layers firm up.
- Spread your crumbled chocolate chip cookies onto the bottom of your 7x10 casserole dish. Pour melted Dairy Free butter over the top.
- Mix together your Dairy Free cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and oat milk. Let your cream cheese sit out until it's room temperature. This will help it mix easily and create that creamy lump free texture.
- Mix your instant chocolate pudding according to the package directions, reducing the milk by ½ cup. If you're using Dairy Free milk such as oat milk use a mixer on high speed to help the pudding set.
- Top with your favorite whipped topping.
- Allow the dessert to chill so all of the layers can set up.
- Feel free to garnish with extra crumbled chocolate chip cookies. There can never be enough cookies!
How to Make this Recipe Nut Free
With so many allergens and food sensitivities, I am always looking for ways to make my recipes accessible to everyone. If you or one of your friends or family have a tree nut allergy, the peanut butter in this recipe can be replaced with sunflower seed butter.
In addition to providing its own unique flavor that is a great swap for peanut butter, sunflower seed butter also offers up additional nutrients. It's rich in protein, vitamin E, fiber, zinc, and iron.
Are you looking for the perfect chocolate chip cookies to use in this recipe? Make sure you check out my recipe for Ultimate Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Cookies. Now let's make Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Peanut Butter Pie!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Peanut Butter Pie
- 7"x10" baking dish
- 3 cups Gluten Free chocolate chip cookies, crumbled
- 4 tbsp Dairy Free butter, melted
- 16 oz Dairy Free cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup oat milk
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5.9 oz instant chocolate pudding mix, plus ingredients to prepare
- 8 oz Dairy Free whipped topping
- Roughly crumble the chocolate chip cookies and spread onto the bottom of your 7x10 dish.
- Pour the melted butter over the top of the chocolate chip cookies.
- In a mixing bowl add your peanut butter, powdered sugar, oat milk, and cream cheese. Mix until light and creamy and the ingredients are combined.
- Spread the peanut butter cream cheese mixture over top of the cookies.
- Mix the chocolate pudding according to the package directions, but reduce the milk by ½ cup. If using dairy free milk use the mixer on high speed to help it set.
- Pour the chocolate pudding over the top of the peanut butter layer.
- Spread the whipped topping over the top of the chocolate pudding. Allow the dessert to chill.
I made this but could not find 5.9 oz pudding mix…used the small box & it was plenty & I think 8oz of cream cheese would be enough. My dish was overflowing…not a bad problem to have but hard to cover in the fridge. Can’t wait to eat this later!
Thanks for sharing your recipes!
Thank you, that's definitely good to know. I may need to change the size of the recommended dish size. I will remake it in a new size. Hope you enjoy it, its one of our faves!
Could you please share what brand of chocolate chip cookies you used? I’m the Instagram video, they look so soft!
Hello, I used Lakanto. They are more of a crunchy chocolate chip. Thank you!