There is nothing like that first creamy and dreamy bite of the sweet yet slightly savory and salty bite of Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie. With spring and summer holidays just around the corner it’s nice to have easy, make ahead desserts that will get you out of the kitchen and in the moment spending time with family. This luscious, layered confection is guaranteed to disappear quickly!
This is a childhood favorite that the entire family will love. With similar flavors to Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Pie it comes together with just a few simple, easy steps. Aside from the crust it’s almost no-bake!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy Process – The only part of this layered peanut butter chocolate pie that is baked is the crust. This dessert is ideal for any level of baker
- Make Ahead – This dessert needs to set up in the refrigerator for at least three hours. Feel free to make this a day in advance which makes this ideal for holiday and party meal prep.
- Accessible Ingredients – You probably already have most of the ingredients. Pantry staples like instant chocolate pudding make this budget friendly and easy to shop for.
- Familiar Flavors – Is there anything more classic than peanut butter and chocolate? This gives you everything you love about that dynamic duo with the tangy addition of cream cheese.
All good things start with a peanut crust, including this Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie. Combining just a handful of baking staples, this creamy and delicious dessert comes together effortlessly.
- Crushed Peanuts – This forms both the crust and also the topping. Adds a little saltiness and savory element.
- Flour – Combined with the crushed peanut to form the crust. I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour but regular all purpose flour works well in this.
- Butter – Binds the crust together and adds richness.
- Instant Chocolate Pudding – Use your favorite variety. This is the chocolate layer of this dessert.
- Cream Cheese – Adds tanginess to the peanut butter layer and creaminess.
- Powdered Sugar – Easily dissolves into the cream cheese and peanut butter.
- Creamy Peanut Butter – The star of the show. Combined with the cream cheese it makes almost a cheesecake like layer.
- Whipped Cream – Homemade or whipped topping works fine.
How to Make Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie
Layers of peanut butter cream cheese, decadent chocolate pudding, and a cloud of whipped cream make this dessert every peanut butter lover’s dream. With its peanut crust and crunchy topping, this hits all of the flavor and texture marks. The best part it comes together with only a few simple steps.
Time needed: 2 hours and 20 minutes
With its peanut crust and layers of chocolate and peanut butter, this creamy dessert will become a new favorite.
- In Crust We Trust
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add the ingredients for the crust to a bowl and mix to combine. Press the mixture into a 9×13 baking dish and bake for 10 minutes. Allow it to cool completely.
- Peanut Butter
Add the room temperature cream cheese, powdered sugar, and peanut butter to a bowl and mix together until smooth and creamy. Spread it over the crust.
Add the chocolate pudding and milk to bowl and mix until it is smooth and thickened. Spread it over the top of the peanut butter layer.
- Top it Off
Spread the whipped cream over the top of the chocolate layer and sprinkle on the peanuts.
Allow the peanut butter pie to refrigerate for at least two hours.
This recipe can be made completely Gluten Free and Dairy Free, but it also works with dairy cream cheese and butter and all purpose flour. The measurements will be the same.
You can also switch up the pudding flavors in this dessert. Both vanilla and white chocolate would also work well with the peanut butter.
How to Make This Recipe Nut Free
With so many allergens and food sensitivities, I am always looking for ways to make my recipes accessible to everyone. If you or one of your friends or family have a tree nut allergy, the peanut butter in this recipe can be replaced with sunflower seed butter.
In addition to providing its own unique flavor that is a great swap for peanut butter, sunflower seed butter also offers up additional nutrients. It’s rich in protein, vitamin E, fiber, zinc, and iron.
This is a great dessert to make ahead of time as it need time to set up and chill in the refrigerator. Keep it tightly covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated and it will last for up to five days. Although it will be love at first bite and probably be instantly devoured.
Top Tip for Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie
When you are mixing up your cream cheese layer, make sure that you have your cream cheese at room temperature. This will allow it to come together smoothly and quickly while being free of lumps.
If your peanut butter seems a little too thick, you can microwave if for 10-15 seconds just to loosen it up and thin it out. This will also make it easier add to the bowl with the cream cheese.
Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1 Mixer
- 1 9×13 baking dish
- 1 1/2 cups peanuts, crushed
- 1 cup 1.1 Gluten Free flour all purpose flour can be substituted
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 5.9 oz instant chocolate pudding
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 3/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 16 oz whipped topping
- 1 cup crushed peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the ingredients for the crust to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Press the crust mixture into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Add the chocolate pudding and milk to a bowl. Mix until thickened. If using Dairy Free milk mix on high to help it set.
- Set aside.
- Add the cream cheese, peanut butter, and powdered sugar to a bowl and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the crust.
- Spread the chocolate pudding on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with whipped topping.
- Sprinkle the crushed peanuts over the top.
- Allow to chill for at least 2 hours before serving.