Creamy, crunchy, sweet, and kissed with the warm spices of a childhood favorite, Cinnamon Toast Crunch Pie is the easy confection your entire family will love. Packed with texture and flavor this no-bake dessert is an instant crowd pleaser.
No-bake desserts are always the right answer for any occasion. Whether it's Easy No Bake Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake for a backyard barbecue or this chocolate and cream cheese creation, they never last long.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Easy Process - There is absolutely no baking required. This is a fun dessert anyone can make and a great way to get kids into the kitchen.
- Customizable - This recipe works with Gluten Free cinnamon toast cereal or regular cinnamon toast crunch. You can also use dairy free ingredients or all dairy.
- Familiar Flavors - Creamy, tangy cream cheese, luxurious chocolate pudding, and cinnamon kissed cereal combine for the perfect sweet treat.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Pie combines pantry staples like your favorite morning cereal and instant pudding with baking staples like vanilla extract and brown sugar. Not only is this no bake, but it also only requires a handful of easily accessible ingredients to create it.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch - You can use either Gluten Free cinnamon toast cereal for this recipe such as Catalina Crunch Cinnamon Toast, or regular cinnamon toast crunch. It is both the crust for this no-bake pie recipe and also the crispy topping.
- Cream Cheese - Adds a tangy, cheesecake layer.
- Instant Chocolate Pudding - Use your favorite variety. You'll want to make it according to the package directions, but reduce the amount of milk called for by half a cup so it creates that thick, creamy, luscious chocolate layer.
- Milk - Used in both the cream cheese layer and also to make the pudding.
- Vanilla Extract - The better the quality the vanilla, the more pronounced the flavor. Adds a floral, slightly sweet note.
- Brown Sugar - Gives the cream cheese layer a caramel like flavor that pairs well with the cinnamon cereal and the caramel sauce.
- Whipped Topping - The perfect fluffy crowning glory to this sweet confection.
- Caramel Sauce - The sweetness of the caramel pairs perfectly with the warm spice of the cinnamon cereal. Use your favorite. It can be dairy free or not.
How to Make Cinnamon Toast Crunch Pie
If you are looking for an effortless dessert that the entire family will love, this is it. Creamy, decadent, and fun, this will be the hit of any party.
Time needed: 20 minutes.
There's no need to heat up the kitchen with this quick and easy no-bake dessert! Packed with layers of flavor and the crunch of cinnamon cereal, you'll be tempted to eat straight from the pan.
- In Crust We Trust
Crush up your cinnamon toast cereal and lay it into the bottom of a 7x10 casserole dish.
- Creamy Dreamy
Add the cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla, and milk to a bowl and mix until smooth. Spread on top of the crust.
Mix the chocolate pudding according to the package directions, reducing the milk by half a cup. If you're using dairy free milk mix on high to help the pudding set faster. Spread the chocolate pudding over the cream cheese layer.
- Finishing Touch
Spread the whipped topping over the top of the chocolate pudding. Garnish with the reserved cinnamon cereal. Drizzle caramel sauce over the top and enjoy!
This recipe was made with completely gluten free and dairy free ingredients. However, you can make the same recipe with regular Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal, and also use dairy milk, cream cheese, and caramel sauce. The measurements will be the same.
In addition, you can mix up the flavor of the pudding in this dessert. If you love vanilla, try vanilla pudding instead of chocolate. Butterscotch pudding would also be another great option.
This is one of those desserts that you want to eat in the same day if possible for the best texture. As it sits, the crust loses its crunch. It can be made earlier in the day, covered, and refrigerated until ready to serve. If you do have leftovers keep the casserole dish covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated. The cinnamon toast cereal won't have the same texture but it will still be delicious.
Top Tip for Cinnamon Toast Crunch Pie
When you use dairy free milk when making instant pudding, always set your mixer on high. Because dairy free milk has a more watery consistency than dairy milk, it is harder to get the pudding to set. This helps it set faster. This also works if you use a lower fat dairy milk such as 1% or skim milk.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Pie
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1 7"x10" baking dish
- 2 ½ cups GF Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, plus 2 cups for topping
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 5.9 oz instant chocolate pudding, plus milk to make, reduce milk by ½ cup
- ⅛ cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 8 oz whipped topping
- 2 tbsp caramel sauce
- Crush 2 cups of cereal and spread out into the bottom of a 7x10 baking dish.
- Add the cream cheese, milk, brown sugar, and vanilla to a mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
- Spread on top of the cereal.
- Add the chocolate pudding and milk called for into a bowl, reducing the milk by ½ cup. Mix until set. When using dairy free milk mix on high to help it set up better.
- Spread the chocolate pudding on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Spread the whipped topping over the chocolate pudding.
- Sprinkle the 2 cups of reserved cereal over the top.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the top.
Leave a Reply