Fall is in the air and it's all about the sugar, spice, and everything nice. The Ultimate Apple Pie Cookies are the warm and cozy hug perfect for autumn.
Fall is all about comfort food and warm spices, such as Easy Spiced Pork Chops with Sweet Potato Puree. With a few easy tips and a favorite pantry staple, these cookies come together with ease and will become a new fall favorite.
The Ultimate Apple Pie Cookies give you all of the flavors you love of the perennial favorite dessert with the homey comfort of the handheld favorite.
- Dairy Free Butter - To help this cookie dough come together with ease, make sure your butter is at room temperature. This gives it a rich and decadent taste while also giving it a moist and tender texture.
- Vanilla Extract - The higher the quality the vanilla, the more flavor it will add. Gives a natural sweetness and also floral note.
- Salt - Amplifies and enhances all of the flavors while balancing the sweetness.
- Gluten Free Flour - Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 flour is my favorite for both desserts and savory dishes.
- Cinnamon - Adds warmth and depth to every bite and makes these aromatic.
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Cooked Pie Crust - Use your favorite recipe or use a store-bought pie crust or mix.
- Apple - Use your favorite baking apple for this recipe such as a tart Granny Smith apple, honey crisp, or Braeburn.
How to Make the Ultimate Apple Pie Cookies
Whether you want to serve these ala mode or with a hot cup of coffee, these cookies are easy as pie!
Time needed: 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Skip the pie dish and getting out your baking sheets. These warm and delicious tender cookies are a new twist on the nostalgic classic.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
- Batter Up
Add your butter and sugar to a mixing bowl and mix on high for five minutes until it is light, fluffy and a little airy. Add in your dry ingredients and mix until they are just incorporated. Fold in your apples and pie crust crumble.
Use a scoop to portion out equal sized cookies.
Bake your cookies for 7-10 minutes until the edges are slightly golden brown.
The hardest part of making these cookies is the anticipation of the first bite. Allow them to cool completely before serving.
Making the Ultimate Apple Pie Cookies couldn't be easier, but there are a few tips that will make these cheery cookies perfect every time.
- Butter - Always allow your butter to come to room temperature. This will ensure your cookie dough mixes easily while helping the dry ingredients remain clump free.
- Portion - use a scoop to help divide your cookie dough into equal sized portions. Not only will this give your cookies a pretty, uniform appearance, but it will also ensure they all bake up evenly.
- Parchment Paper - Lining your baking sheet with parchment paper will prevent them from sticking to your pans. In addition, it also helps the bottoms of the cookies brown and bake evenly.
The Ultimate Apple Pie Cookies
- 2 baking sheets
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- Parchment paper
- 1 cup Dairy Free butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cups Gluten Free 1.1 flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup cooked pie crust, crumbled
- 1 cup apple, thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add your butter and sugar to a mixing bowl and mix on high for 5 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the apples and pie crust.
- Use a scoop to portion out equal sized cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 7-10 minutes until the edges are just lightly golden brown.
- Transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.
Leave a Reply