Indulge in a breakfast delight that will make your taste buds dance with joy – Strawberry French Toast Casserole! With the irresistible combination of fluffy French toast, juicy strawberries, and a hint of sweetness, this creation is not only easy to make but also a guaranteed crowd-pleaser, whether you’re serving it for a cozy weekend brunch or as a special treat for your loved ones.
Get ready to awaken your senses and discover the ultimate breakfast indulgence with our Strawberry French Toast Casserole!
Why You’ll Love Strawberry French Toast Casserole
There’s nothing quite like a meal that effortlessly satisfies a hungry crowd without demanding much of your time. And that’s exactly what this dish delivers.
Not only is it incredibly delicious, but it’s also ideal for entertaining or those busy weeks when you need a quick grab-and-go option.
With this recipe, you’ll have a flavorful feast that will impress your guests or provide a convenient solution for your on-the-go lifestyle. So, get ready to experience the best of both worlds – incredible taste and effortless convenience.
- Quick and easy to prep. This recipe only takes about 15 minutes to prep!
- Easy way to use leftover bread. Have a loaf of bread or rolls that you don’t know what to do with? That’s where this recipe comes into play!
Ingredients You Need To Make Strawberry French Toast Casserole
Even though this needs to bake for a while, you and your entire family are going to love the flavors that burst through with every bite!
- Eggs. This helps bind everything together.
- Milk. We need some moisture, and that’s where the milk comes into play!
- Vanilla extract.
- Sweet bread rolls. Or you can use any leftover bread you might have!
- Strawberry Pie Filling. Can’t have strawberry french toast without strawberries, can you!?
How To Make Strawberry French Toast Casserole
Grab your mixing bowl, a baking dish, some measuring spoons, and let’s get this party started!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 7×10 baking dish with nonstick spray.
In a bowl mix together the cinnamon, eggs, milk, vanilla, and sugar.
Add the bread to the bowl and mix well. Let sit for 30 minutes.
Pour eggs and bread mixture into the greased baking dish.
Add the strawberries pie filling and swirl some into the french toast mixture . Bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown.
Let it rest for one hour and enjoy!
How To Make Strawberry French Toast Casserole Dairy Free
Swap out the milk with your favorite non-dairy brand and you’ll be good to go!
Commonly Asked Questions
Why is my french toast soggy?
Soggy French toast can be caused by several factors. First, if you soak the bread slices for too long, it can become overly saturated and result in a soggy texture. It’s important to find the right balance between soaking the bread enough to absorb the egg mixture but not leaving it in for too long. Second, using stale or overly soft bread can lead to a mushy outcome. Fresh bread with a firmer texture works best for French toast.
Additionally, not cooking the French toast at the right temperature can contribute to sogginess. It’s crucial to cook it over medium to medium-high heat, allowing the outside to crisp up while the inside remains tender – don’t rush the process!
Can I use other types of bread in my french toast?
Yep! While the sweet bread rolls are what I used for this recipe, you can easily swap it out to whatever you have on hand.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
There’s something incredibly satisfying about a meal that effortlessly feeds a crowd while requiring minimal time and effort. And guess what? This dish ticks all those boxes! Not only is it absolutely delicious, but it’s also the ideal option for both entertaining guests and those busy weekdays when you need something quick and convenient to grab on the go.
Whether you’re hosting a gathering or simply seeking a hassle-free meal solution, this dish has got you covered.
Strawberry French Toast Casserole
- measuring spoons/cups
- 7"x10" baking dish
- Mixing Bowl
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 8 cups cubed bread cut into 1”
- 21 oz strawberry pie filling sliced
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 7×10 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl mix together the cinnamon, eggs, milk, vanilla, and sugar.
- Add the bread to the bowl and mix well and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Pour the bread egg mixture into the greased baking dish
- Add the strawberry pie filling and swirl some into the french toast mixture. Bake for 40-50 mins or until golden brown.
- Let it rest for 1hr. Enjoy!