When it comes to adding a splash of culinary elegance to your meals, nothing does the trick quite like a gravy. But not just any gravy—I’m talking about Morel Mushroom Gravy, an easy-to-make, delicious sauce that takes your dining experience to a whole new level. Crafted with D’artagnan Dried Morel Mushrooms, this gravy pairs perfectly with dishes like prime rib, making it an ideal choice for both everyday meals and special occasions.
Best of all, it requires only a few simple ingredients and about 10-15 minutes of prep time. Then, let it cook for just 11-13 minutes, and you have a homemade gravy that’s rich, a bit earthy, and incredibly delicious. Did I mention it’s also gluten-free and dairy-free? Whether you’re a cooking newbie or a seasoned chef, this Morel Mushroom Gravy is the perfect addition to your recipe repertoire.
Why You’ll Love Morel Mushroom Gravy
- Easy to Make: With a straightforward recipe and a short prep and cook time, this Morel Mushroom Gravy is something you can whip up even on a busy day.
- Versatile Pairing: While it’s a heavenly match for prime rib, the gravy’s unique flavor complements a wide range of dishes, from poultry to vegetarian entrees.
- Diet-Friendly: Are you on a gluten-free or dairy-free diet? No worries. This gravy fits right into your meal plan without compromising on flavor.
- Elevated Flavor: The use of D’artagnan Dried Morel Mushrooms gives this gravy an exquisite, earthy taste that’s bound to impress your dinner guests.
- Rich and Creamy: Despite being dairy-free, the gravy achieves a rich, creamy consistency, thanks to the cornstarch slurry and high-quality beef stock.
What You Need To Make Morel Mushroom Gravy
- Mixing Bowl
- Large Skillet
Ingredients You Need To Make Morel Mushroom Gravy
- D’artagnan Dried Morel Mushrooms
- Beef stock
- Ground thyme
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Garlic clove
- Dijon mustard
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh rosemary
How To Make Morel Mushroom Gravy
- In a cup, combine 1/2 cup of the beef stock with cornstarch and Dijon mustard. Mix well and set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the butter, diced shallot, and minced garlic.
- Sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add the remaining beef stock, fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, and morel mushrooms.
- Cook for 10 minutes until the mushrooms become plump.
- Add the ground thyme, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Stir in the cornstarch slurry you prepared earlier.
- Turn the heat up to medium and keep stirring until the gravy thickens.
- Turn off the heat, remove the fresh thyme and rosemary sprigs, and enjoy your Morel Mushroom Gravy!
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I Use Other Types of Mushrooms?
The unique flavor of Morel Mushrooms is central to this recipe, so using a different type may alter the taste significantly.
Can I Use Chicken Stock Instead of Beef?
Yes, but keep in mind that chicken stock will give the gravy a lighter flavor compared to beef stock.
How Do I Store Leftover Gravy?
You can store leftover Morel Mushroom Gravy in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Morel Mushroom Gravy
- Mixing Bowl
- Large skillet
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups D’artagnan Dried Morel Mushrooms
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1/4 tsp ground thyme
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 shallot diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 spring of fresh thyme
- 1 spring of fresh rosemary
- In a cup add 1/2 cup of the beef stock, cornstarch and dijon mustard.
- Mix well and set aside. Place a large skillet over medium/low heat.
- Add the butter, shallot and garlic.
- Sautee for a couple of minutes and add the beef stock, rosemary, fresh thyme and morel mushrooms.
- Cook for 10 minutes until the mushrooms are plump.
- Add the seasoning and the cornstarch slurry. Turn the heat up to med and stir until the gravy is thickened.
- Turn off heat, remove the fresh thyme and rosemary. Enjoy!
The earthy, robust flavor of D’artagnan Dried Morel Mushrooms sets this Morel Mushroom Gravy apart, turning even a simple dinner into a feast. What makes this gravy truly standout is its versatility.
Not only is it a luxurious accompaniment to your holiday prime rib, but it’s also simple enough to become a weeknight staple. Its dietary flexibility—being both gluten-free and dairy-free—makes it accessible for everyone at the dinner table. Once you taste the richness and complexity of this Morel Mushroom Gravy, you’ll find yourself looking for excuses to make it a regular feature in your meals. Trust us; this is one recipe you’ll want to keep handy!