What is your favorite comfort food? There’s just something about crispy, crunchy, juicy chicken slathered in a rich and savory gravy that’s like an immediate hug. Chicken Fried Chicken with Pepper Gravy is sure to become a new comfort food classic in your cooking repertoire.
Whether you’re a fried chicken enthusiast or a gravy connoisseur, our Chicken Fried Chicken with Pepper Gravy promises a satisfying and delicious dining experience that’ll keep you coming back for more. Explore the ultimate blend of crispy goodness and savory perfection – a true treat for your senses.
Why You’ll Love Chicken Fried Chicken with Pepper Gravy
- Easy and Quick to Prepare: Perfect for busy days, this recipe takes just a few simple steps to create a satisfying meal.
- Irresistible Crunchiness: The gluten-free panko coating gives the chicken a satisfying crunch, making every bite a treat for your taste buds.
- Hearty Pepper Gravy: Elevate your meal with a creamy and peppery gravy that perfectly complements the tender chicken. It’s comfort food at its finest.
- Versatile and Dairy-Free: Ideal for those with dietary restrictions, our recipe uses dairy-free alternatives without compromising on taste.
- Family-Friendly Favorite: Loved by all ages, this dish is a hit at family gatherings or cozy weeknight dinners.
Ingredients Needed To Make Chicken Fried Chicken with Pepper Gravy
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Gluten-free panko bread crumbs
- Gluten-free 1:1 flour
- Dairy-free milk
- Hot sauce
- Outside Table Simply SPG
- Beef broth
- Kosher salt
- Onion powder
How To Make Chicken Fried Chicken with Pepper Gravy
- Blend panko, flour, and seasonings for the chicken coating.
- Whisk together egg, milk, and hot sauce for the egg wash.
- Dip chicken in egg wash, then coat with panko mixture.
- Fry chicken until golden brown in a skillet with vegetable oil.
- Prepare the pepper gravy by simmering dairy-free milk, beef broth, and seasonings until thickened.
- Serve the crispy chicken over mashed potatoes and drizzle with the savory pepper gravy.
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I use regular milk instead of dairy-free milk for the pepper gravy?
Absolutely! Feel free to use your preferred type of milk.
Is it necessary to pound the chicken breasts thin?
Pounding the chicken ensures even cooking and a tender result, but you can adjust based on personal preference.
Can I make the chicken without the pepper gravy?
Yes, the chicken is delicious on its own or paired with your favorite sauce.
Are there any alternatives for gluten-free panko?
You can use regular panko or crushed gluten-free crackers for a similar effect.
Chicken Fried Chicken with Pepper Gravy
- 1 saucepan
- 1 frying pan or skillet
- 2 cups Dairy Free milk, such as oat milk
- 1 tsp Outside Table Simply SPG
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
Chicken Fried Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded out thin
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp Outside Table Simply SPG
- 3/4 cup Gluten Free 1.1 flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Dairy Free milk
- 1 tsp hot sauce.
- Please a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the Dairy Free milk and seasonings. Bring to a low boil.
- Whisk together the beef broth and cornstarch. Pour the mixture into the milk mixture.
- Continue to stir until the gravy thickens.
- Serve over the chicken and mashed potatoes.
Chicken Fried Chicken.
- Add the panko, flour, and seasonings to a blender and pulse until the panko is a fine crumb. Pour into a bowl.
- Whisk together the egg, milk, and hot sauce.
- Dip the chicken into the egg wash.
- Dip the chicken into the panko mixture, shaking off excess. Repeat the process with the remaining chicken breasts.
- Heat a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat.
- Add 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, or enough to fully cove the bottom of your skillet. Make sure the oil is fully heated before adding your chicken.
- Add your chicken to the pan, careful not to crowd. If you need to work in batches that is ok.
- Allow the chicken to fry for 4-5 minutes on the first side, or until golden brown.
- Flip the chicken and allow the second side to cook for 4-5 minutes. The internal temperature should be 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and allow to drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve with the pepper gravy.