Some desserts are just like a hug for the soul. Gluten and Dairy Free Spiced Peach Cobbler is the classic dessert that will have everyone going back for seconds.
Cobbler is one of those comforting and cozy desserts that young and old alike love, like Gluten and Dairy Free Berry Rhubarb Cobbler. The combination of season’s peak fruit combined with warm and buttery crust begging to be topped with ice cream is always a winning combination.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
Gluten and Dairy Free Spiced Peach Cobbler is a dessert the entire family will love and can enjoy.
- Easy Process – This dessert requires minimal prep. Simply slices the peaches and toss with sugar, and then mix up the batter for the topping.
- Minimal Ingredients – Most of the ingredients for this recipe are pantry ingredients you probably already have.
- Versatility – This recipe can easily be adapted to include full dairy products, as well as swapping out fresh peaches for frozen peaches.
- Peaches – These are the star of the show. Pick ripe, juicy peaches for the best flavor.
- Brown Sugar – The molasses in the brown sugar adds depth to the natural sweetness of the peaches and helps create their syrup.
- Granulated Sugar – Granulated sugar is combined with the brown sugar the peaches are tossed in, and also used in the biscuit topping.
- Cinnamon – Warm and aromatic, cinnamon perfumes every bite of the topping.
- Nutmeg – Sweet, spicy, and earthy, nutmeg adds warmth to the topping.
- Almond Extract – The flavor of almond compliments both the sweetness of the peaches and also the warm spices.
- Dairy Free Butter – Adds richness to the crust while also helping give it a flaky texture.
- Baking Powder
- Gluten Free 1.1 Flour – Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour makes creating Gluten Free treats easy.
- Buttermilk – You can use regular buttermilk or create a Dairy Free version with unsweetened oat milk and either vinegar or lemon juice. This adds a little tang to the dessert that balances the sweetness.
- Raw Sugar – Used to top the crust, it slightly caramelizes as it bakes.
How to Make Gluten and Dairy Free Spiced Peach Cobbler
Not only is peach cobbler a beloved confection, it’s also one of the easiest desserts you can make.
Time needed: 50 minutes
Pick up some peaches and get out your baking dish. This comfort food classic gets a warm little twist.
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
Add your sliced peaches into a bowl along with the granulated sugar and brown sugar. Mix to combine. Pour into your baking dish.
- Top it Off
Add your dry ingredients and cold butter into a bowl. Use a pastry cutter or fork to cut the butter into the flour. The mixture should be crumbly like sand. Stir in the buttermilk and almondy extract until just combined. Scoop onto the peaches. Sprinkle the raw sugar over the top.
- Bake it Up
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve it Up
Serve with Dairy Free ice cream or whipped cream.
If fresh, ripe peaches aren’t in season, you can make this same recipe with frozen peaches that have been defrosted and drained. I don’t recommend using canned peaches as their texture would be too soft once baked.
Top Tip for Gluten and Dairy Free Spiced Peach Cobbler
You can easily make your own Dairy Free buttermilk at home. For every one cup of unsweetened full fat oat milk, you want to add one tablespoon of acid. You can use either white vinegar or lemon juice. Simply stir it and allow it to sit for 5 minutes. This will cause the oat milk to slightly curdle, giving it the texture and tangy taste of buttermilk.
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1 9×13 baking dish
- 5 cups peaches, sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp Dairy Free butter, cold
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free 1.1 flour
- 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp raw sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- Add the sliced peaches to a bowl along with the brown sugar and granulated sugar. Stir to combine. Pour into the prepared baking dish and spread out.
- Add the dry ingredients for the cobbler topping to a bowl along with the butter. Use a pastry cutter or fork to cut the butter into the dry ingredients. The mixture should resemble wet sand.
- Add the buttermilk and almond extract into the bowl and stir to combine.
- Scoop the cobbler topping onto the top of the peach mixture. Sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with Dairy Free ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!