There is something magical about the buttery flavor and warm spices of a Biscoff cookie. They're perfect on their own and also ideal for adding to other desserts. This recipe for Gluten and Dairy Free Homemade Biscoff Cookies gives you everything you love about the classic cookie, but in a version everyone can enjoy.
Make these spiced cookies and enjoy them as is, and then take the leftovers and turn them into a crust for your next Dairy Free Pumpkin Cheesecake with Brûlée Top. This homemade biscoff cookie recipe delivers on all of the flavor with an easy-to-follow process. The best part, you have control of all of the ingredients!
Who knew making Gluten and Dairy Free Homemade Biscoff Cookies wasn't just easy, but easy to shop for? Say goodbye to the days of finding a recipe that calls for Biscoff cookies, but not having a Gluten Free and Dairy Free option.
- Gluten Free Flour - Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour is my go to for both savory and sweet recipes. It makes it easy to create recipes that aren't traditionally Gluten Free without having to add any additional ingredients.
- Vanilla Extract - The higher the quality the vanilla, the more pronounced the flavor will be. This is one ingredient you should always invest it as it provides so much depth of flavor, being a little sweet and a little floral.
- Javamelts Caramel Flavored Sugar - Javamelts Caramel Flavored Sugar is made from 100% pure cane sugar and made from natural flavors. It can be used as an even one to one replacement in any recipe calling for sugar and gives that rich, buttery, sweet flavor of caramel without overpowering.
- Dairy Free Butter - Gives these cookies richness and keeps them a litle tender.
- Spices - Biscoff cookies are all about the balance of warm spices. This Biscoff recipe combines four; cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and cloves. It not only brings warmth to the cookies but perfumes the entire house as they bake.
- Salt - Enhances all of the flavors of the other ingredients.
- Baking Powder and Soda
How to Make Gluten and Dairy Free Homemade Biscoff Cookies
Once you learn how easy it is to make these Gluten Free Biscoff cookies, they are sure to become a new favorite. You can keep it simple and cut them out with a knife or have fun cutting them out into your favorite shapes.
Time needed: 1 hour and 45 minutes.
These classic thin and crispy spiced biscuits get a homemade update the entire family can enjoy. Make them to eat and make them to use in other recipes.
Make sure that your butter is at room temperature. You want it soft and easy to mix.
Add all of your ingredients to a bowl and mix until just combined.
Cover your bowl and allow the cookie dough to refrigerate for at least an hour. You can do this portion ahead of time.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Roll out your dough until it is about ¼" thick. Cut it out into your preferred shapes. I did 2x3 rectangles. Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheets.
Bake the cookies for 25-30 minutes or until they are a deep golden brown. Let cool completely and then enjoy!
In addition to being Gluten Free this recipe is completely Dairy Free. Feel free to use dairy butter in this recipe.
The Javamelts Caramel Flavored Sugar takes these homemade Biscoff cookies over the top. However, if you don't have caramel flavored sugar, you can use regular sugar in this recipe. It won't have quite the same depth of flavor but still be delicious.
These cookies are a great make ahead! Not only are they delectable on their own but they are ideal to use in other recipes such as the crust for a cheesecake or as part of a no-bake dessert. You can keep them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week...if they last that long!
Top Tip for Gluten and Dairy Free Homemade Biscoff Cookies
Make sure that your butter is a room temperature and soft before mixing up your cookie dough. Never over work your dough, mixing until the ingredients are just combined. This will keep the finished cookies tender. Last, make sure you allow the dough to chill for at least an hour before rolling it out and baking. This will reharden the butter and allow the cookies to bake without spreading thin too quickly.
Gluten and Dairy Free Homemade Biscoff Cookies
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 2 baking sheets
- 1 Rolling Pin
- Parchment paper
- 1 ¾ cups Gluten Free 1.1 flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Javamelts Caramel Flavored Sugar
- ½ cup Dairy Free butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp cloves
- ¾ tsp cardamon
- pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl.
- Mix until just combined, careful not to over mix.
- Cover the bowl and allow the dough to refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to325 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Roll out the dough until it is about ¼" thick.
- Cut the Biscoff cookie dough into your desired shapes. I did 2"x3" rectangles.
- Place the cookies onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until they are a dark golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely.