How are you celebrating pizza night? With the heat of summer in full effect there's something about lightening up the flavors of pizza. Gluten and Dairy Free Artichoke Pesto Pizza with Chicken is a fun way to celebrate the season.
I love all forms of pesto, such as my Gluten Free Salmon Pistachio Pesto Pasta. This is a twist on a traditional pesto with light and bright flavors. The best part, you can take grocery store shortcuts!
Pizza night at home has never been easier than with Gluten and Dairy Free Artichoke Pesto Pizza with Chicken. Using the help of a storebought Gluten Free crust on one of my favorite spices, pizza will be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Skip the marinara and get out your food processor for this herbaceous and sunny pesto. Lemony artichokes are combined with fresh parsley, dill, salty and savory capers, garlic, and my favorite seasoning.
Outside Table's Friday Fennel is a little savory and a little sweet. Combining aromatic fennel seeds with onions, garlic, salt, and a kiss of sugar, it's the perfect herbaceous pop that accents everything without overpowering the rest of the flavors.
Outside Table's small batch, artisanal sauces and spice blends are all organic. They give your food that all day cooked flavor, even quick recipes like this pesto pizza!
The final touch to this pizza is chicken and Dairy Free parmesan cheese. They both bring texture and savory flavor to each bite. Leeks add a touch of sweetness.
How to Make Gluten and Dairy Free Artichoke Pesto Pizza with Chicken
This is the ideal pizza for any night of the week. You can serve it as a main course or have friends over and make it part of a cocktail party.
Time needed: 30 minutes.
With the help of a readymade Gluten Free crust, this pizza comes together effortlessly.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside. If needed, roll out your Gluten Free crust and place on the baking sheet.
- Pesto Pronto
Add your Friday Fennel, artichoke hearts, herbs, garlic, pine nuts, and olive oil to a food processor and pulse until it's finely ground.
- Top it Off
Spread the pesto onto the pizza crust. Add your chicken, Dairy Free parmesan, leeks, and remaining artichokes.
- Bake It!
Bake for 15 minutes or until your pizza is golden and bubbly.
- Final Touch
Garnish your pizza with capers, fresh dill, and a sprinkle of Outside Table's Everyday Herb. Mamma Mia that's good!
Top Tips for Gluten and Dairy Free Artichoke Pesto Pizza with Chicken
Just like you can take the help of the grocery store for the Gluten Free pizza crust, you can also use a shortcut for the chicken in this recipe. Feel free to use rotisserie chicken to make this recipe even faster.
In addition, you can also use leftover grilled or baked chicken. For an additional layer of flavor season your chicken with Outside Table Everyday Herb.
Gluten and Dairy Free Artichoke Pesto Pizza with Chicken
- 1 Food Processor
- 1 Baking Sheet
- Parchment paper
- 1 Gluten Free pizza crust
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 tsp Outside Table Friday Fennel
- 14 oz artichoke hearts, drained and divided
- 1 cup Dairy Free parmesan
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, plus extra for topping
- 3 tbsp capers
- 2 garlic cloves
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 oz pine nuts
- ¼ cup leeks, cleaned and chopped
- ½ tsp Outside Table Everyday Herbs
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out Gluten Free crust and place on the baking sheet.
- Add half of the artichokes, dill, parsley, garlic, pine nuts, salt and olive oil to a food processor. Blend until it is a fine grain.
- Spread the artichoke pesto out onto the pizza crust.
- Top with the other half of the artichokes, parmesan, leeks, and chicken.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Top with additional dill, capers, and Outside Table Everyday Herb.