Tangy, sweet, creamy, and completely effortless, Easy No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake is the sweet treat perfect for spring. With Easter just around the corner this is a delicious dessert begging to be on your holiday table.
Lemon and blueberries are a classic combination, especially in spring. Whether it’s Lemon Blueberry Poundcake with Meringue or this quick dessert, there’s something irresistible about the combination of sweet, bright, and sunny.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- No Bake – This dessert is perfect for any level of baker. It’s even a fun dessert your kids can help you with in the kitchen.
- Minimal Ingredients – You only need a handful of easy ingredients you can find at any grocery store.
- Lactose Free – This cheesecake recipe uses lactose-free cream cheese and sour cream making it something everyone can enjoy.
- Customizable – You can make this in individual serving classes or in a large bowl.
- Make Ahead – The cheesecake portion of this layered dessert can be made ahead of time and then assembled when you’re ready to serve.
Not only is there no cooking required for Easy No Bake Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake, but it also only requires a handful of easily accessible ingredients. Some of them are pantry staples you already have!
- Green Valley Lactose-Free Cream Cheese – Green Valley Cream Cheese is completely lactose-free, and Gluten Free. It’s made with only four simple ingredients staring with pure cream.
- Green Valley Lactose-Free Sour Cream – Green Valley Sour Cream is made with just three simple ingredients, staring with cultured cream. It is completely lactose free. It adds creaminess and tang to this no-bake cheesecake recipe.
- Lemon – Both the juice and the zest bring a sunny burst of cheesecake to this creamy cheesecake.
- Powdered Sugar – Easily dissolves into the sour cream and cream cheese. Adds just enough sweetness.
- Vanilla Wafer Cookies – You can use Gluten Free vanilla wafer cookies for this recipe making it a completely Gluten Free dessert.
- Blueberry Pie Filling – Use your favorite. This gives you everything you love about lemon blueberry cheesecake in a quick and easy way.
How to Make Easy No Bake Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
This easy no-bake dessert recipe comes together in just a manner of minutes. It is pretty enough for a special occasion like Easter while also being perfect for any weeknight sweet treat.
Time needed: 35 minutes
Sweet, tangy, and creamy no-bake blueberry lemon cheesecake will become a new instant favorite.
Add your vanilla wafer cookies to a plastic bag and crush them. You can use a rolling pin for this, mallet, or even just your hands.
Add the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice and zest, and powdered sugar to a bowl and mix until smooth and creamy.
Dive the crushed vanilla wafers between four parfait glasses. Next top the cookies with the cheesecake mixture. Finish it off by topping off each cheesecake parfait with some of the blueberry pie filling.
Have fun mixing up both the pie topping and also the crust. Strawberry pie filling would be delicious with the lemon cheesecake. You can also use Gluten Free graham crackers that have been crushed, or even Homemade Biscoff Cookies.
I used Gluten Free vanilla wafers in this recipe making it completely Gluten Free. You can use regular vanilla wafers. The measurements will be the same.
This is a recipe for cheesecake parfaits. While you can make this as one larger dessert, it is perfectly party ready in pretty parfait glasses. You can even dress it up with champagne flutes for any festive occasion. You will need four for this recipe.
The cheesecake portion of this recipe can be made several days in advance. Keep it refrigerated in an airtight container and it will keep for up to five days. You can also assemble these parfaits ahead of time. The vanilla wafer crumbs will soften as it sits changing the texture slightly. If assembled ahead of time you will want to serve it within a day or two for the best texture.
Top Tips for Easy No Bake Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
When making any type of cheesecake, whether it’s a classic baked cheesecake, Dairy Free cheesecake, or this no-bake lactose free version, always make sure that you allow your cream cheese, and sour cream if being used, to come to room temperature. This will ensure that when you mix together the filling that it is smooth, creamy, dreamy, and completely lump free.
In addition to making sure that your cream cheese is at room temperature I also recommend purchasing organic lemons any time you are using the zest. This holds true with all citrus. Most citrus you find at the grocery store has a slightly waxy coating on the outside to protect it during shipping and also while it’s on display. Organic citrus doesn’t have this coating.
Easy No Bake Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
- 1 mixing bowl/mixer
- 4 parfait glasses
- 8 oz Green Valley Lactose Free Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 6 oz Green Valley Lactose Free Sour Cream
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz Gluten Free vanilla wafer cookies
- 8 oz blueberry pie filling
- Add the vanilla wafers to a plastic bag. Crush them until they are sandy.
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice and zest, and powdered sugar to a bowl. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the crushed vanilla wafers between four parfait glasses.
- Top the cookies with the cheesecake mixture.
- Add the blueberry pie filling to the top of each cheesecake parfait.
- Let refrigerate until ready to serve.