Ah, Chicken Noodle Soup, the epitome of comfort food. It’s the soup we crave when we’re under the weather or simply in need of a hug in a bowl. But what if we told you that this classic dish can be more than just comforting? Yes, it’s easy to make, but it’s also nutritious and surprisingly flavorful. With a prep time of just 15 minutes and a total cook time of around 30 minutes, this Chicken Noodle Soup recipe isn’t just for when you’re not feeling your best—it’s perfect for any day of the week!
The soup is chock-full of vegetables, tender chicken, and gluten-free pasta, making it a wholesome meal for the entire family. And here’s the best part: it includes a Lucky Iron Leaf, which adds a healthy dose of iron to your diet. Whether you’re looking to feed a crowd or just make your weekday dinner a bit more exciting, this Chicken Noodle Soup has got you covered. So, grab your stock pot and knife; it’s time to delve into this recipe.
Why You’ll Love Chicken Noodle Soup
- Effortless Cooking: No culinary degree required! With straightforward steps and a simple set of ingredients, this soup is accessible for cooks of all skill levels.
- Nutrient-Packed: Carrots, celery, and parsnips not only add texture and flavor but also infuse the soup with essential nutrients like vitamins A and C.
- Iron-Boosting: The addition of the Lucky Iron Leaf is a game-changer. It’s a simple yet effective way to increase your iron levels, crucial for energy and focus.
- Gluten-Free Goodness: This recipe uses gluten-free rotini, making it a great option for those with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease.
- Versatile and Filling: Serve it as a main course or a hearty appetizer; this soup is incredibly versatile and satisfying enough to be a stand-alone meal.
What You Need To Make Chicken Noodle Soup
- Large stockpot
Ingredients You Need To Make Chicken Noodle Soup
- Cooked chicken, diced
- Carrots, sliced
- Celery, sliced
- Parsnips, sliced
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Garlic cloves, minced
- Large onion, diced
- Chicken stock
- GF pasta (rotini used in this recipe)
- Lucky Iron Leaf
How To Make Chicken Noodle Soup Step-by-Step Instructions
- Place a large stockpot over medium heat and add the butter, onion, celery, carrots, and parsnip.
- Sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
- Stir in the seasonings, chicken stock, diced chicken, and the Lucky Iron Leaf.
- Cook the soup for about 20 minutes and then remove the Lucky Iron Leaf.
- Finally, add the gluten-free pasta. Once the pasta is tender, your soup is ready to enjoy!
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I use regular pasta instead of GF pasta?
While this recipe calls for gluten-free pasta, making it suitable for those with gluten sensitivities. You are welcome to use your favorite pasta of choice.
How do I store the Lucky Iron Leaf after use?
After removing the Lucky Iron Leaf from the soup, simply rinse it with water and store it in a dry place. It’s reusable!
Can I freeze the soup for later?
Yes, the soup can be frozen, but for the best results, consider freezing it without the pasta to prevent it from becoming mushy upon reheating.
What if I can’t find parsnips?
Parsnips are integral to this recipe, offering a unique flavor profile. If you absolutely can’t find them, consult the recipe for the most suitable substitute.
- large stock pot
- 3 cups cooked chicken diced
- 1 1/2 cups carrots sliced
- 1 1/2 cups celery sliced
- 1 cup parsnips sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dill
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 64 oz chicken stock
- 12 oz GF pasta I used rotini
- Lucky Iron Leaf
- Place a large stock pot over medium heat and add the butter, onion, celery, carrots and parsnip.
- Sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add seasonings, chicken stock, chicken and the Lucky Iron Leaf.
- Cook for 20 minutes, remove the Lucky Iron Leaf.
- Add the pasta and once the pasta is tender the soup is ready. Enjoy!
The heartwarming combination of tender chicken, nutritious veggies, and gluten-free pasta makes this Chicken Noodle Soup more than just another dish—it’s a testament to how comfort food can also be healthy and simple to make. The addition of the Lucky Iron Leaf transforms an already nutritious dish into a powerhouse of health benefits, adding crucial iron that can help improve your energy levels and overall well-being. It’s a soup that feels as good to eat as it does to make, and that’s something you’ll love about this recipe. Whether you’re a pro in the kitchen or just starting, this Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is a must-try, perfect for chilly nights, sick days, or whenever you’re in the mood for something that’s as good for your soul as it is for your body.