There is just something so comforting and cozy about soup. It’s one of those feel good foods that’s almost like an edible hug. Gluten and Dairy Free Creamy Gnocchi Soup with Kale is one of my favorites.
Soup is the ultimate one pot wonder. It gives you all of your protein and vegetables for a complete meal and many recipes, including this one, come in under an hour. Throw in the pillowy bites of gnocchi and you have an easy and delicious weeknight meal.
An Hour to Delicious
I love that this dish combines a couple of easy pantry staples like cauliflower gnocchi and canned cannellini beans with flavorful and fresh ingredients. Gluten and Dairy Free Creamy Gnocchi Soup with Kale has those cooked all day layers of flavor with minimal effort.
Are you team kale, or kale to the no? I’ve found that the easiest way to convert people to the kale side of things is by adding it to soup, especially one with a silky luxurious broth. As it wilts down it absorbs all of the savory flavors and instantly gets transformed into something new.
Part of what makes Gluten and Dairy Free Creamy Gnocchi and Kale Soup so quick and delicious is that the carrots, kale, onion, gnocchi, and chicken sausage are roasted on a sheet pan prior to being added to the pot. As they roast not only does it reduce the cooking time for the soup itself, but it intensifies the flavors.
In addition to concentrating the flavors roasting also provides texture. The cauliflower gnocchi retains that pillowy dumpling texture on the inside and the chicken sausage gets those irresistible little crispy bits.
Dinner in a Hurry with Gluten and Dairy Free Creamy Gnocchi Kale Soup
Get out your sheet pan and stock pot, and let’s get dinner going! This flavor packed soup will be on the table in less time than it’ll take you to order takeout.
- Pregame! Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Make sure your carrots are cut into fairly even pieces. This will allow them to roast evenly.
- Add your carrots, onions, kale, and gnocchi to the pan. Break the sausage on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the sausage is cooked through. The lean chicken sausage doesn’t take long.
- Add all of your remaining ingredients to a pot along with everything from the sheet pan.
- Allow the soup to come a simmer and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until the celery is tender.
Are you looking for more easy soup recipes? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten and Dairy Free Ham and Corn Chowder. Now let’s get cooking!
Gluten and Dairy Free Creamy Gnocchi Soup with Kale
- 1 Baking Sheet
- 1 Stock Pot
- 1 lbs chicken sausage
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, diced
- 1 1/2 cups celery, diced
- 1 bunch dino kale, stems removed, chopped
- 1 pkg cauliflower gnocchi can sub with your favorite
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 11/2 cups Dairy Free heavy cream
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 14 oz cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the gnocchi, carrots, kale, and onions to a baking sheet.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and toss to coat.
- Break up the sausage on top of the veggies and gnocchi. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the sausage is cooked through.
- Add all of the ingredients to a stock pot including the roasted vegetables, gnocchi and sausage.
- Allow to simmer over medium heat for 20-30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.