It's always a bold claim to declare something the ultimate. It sets the bar high and raises expectations. These Ultimate Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies are all that you hope for in a cookie and will be love at first bite.
Are you team crunchy with nuts, or a purest that loves the beautiful simplicity of a perfect cookie dough combined with a wealth of chocolate? With this recipe you have the option of both!
That's How the Cookie Crumbles
When it comes to chocolate chip cookies, it's all about that balance of science and having fun. The texture of your cookies depend on a little science. When there is more white sugar in the recipe, your cookie will be crunchier. On the flip side, more brown sugar, you get that slightly chewy bite.
The recipe for these Ultimate Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies has slightly more brown sugar giving them that cravable soft bite. Want them a little more crispy? Just leave them in the oven a minute longer.
The fun and creativity of making cookies comes with adding your ingredients. Love walnuts? Toss those in. More of a pecan fan? Bring on the nutty crunch. And like my favorite kitchen towel says, in a more PG friendly version, use your heart when measuring those chocolate chips.
Speaking of chocolate chips, these are the ultimate chocolate chip cookies for a reason. We're not settling for one, or even two different kinds. We're packing three types of chocolate chips into these fully loaded cookies.
Why settle for just Dairy Free milk chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips when you can also add bittersweet chocolate for that perfect balance. You get the sweetness from the milk chocolate that's accented with the less sweet semi sweet, and punctuated by that bittersweet. And if you add a little more than what's written in the recipe, that is totally okay too! Measure with your heart!
Mixing Up Ultimate Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are as easy as they are delicious. With just a few tips, you will be sharing these cookies with friends and family.
First, as with all cookies, don't over mix. You want to incorporate your ingredients until just combined.
The second tip, this dough starts with room temperature Dairy Free butter. To ensure your cookies get a nice rise and don't just spread out all over your cookie sheet, you want to allow your dough to chill out in the refrigerator. I recommend at least an hour.
Next up, line your cookie sheets with parchment paper. Even with the best cookie sheets, you sometimes have sticking. Parchment paper also helps them bake more easily, and makes for quick clean up.
Last, that ice cream scoop isn't just for your favorite cold treat. Use a scoop to evenly portion out your dough. Even dough bakes up at the same time.
Love cookies? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies. Now let's bake the Ultimate Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Ultimate Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mixing Bowl
- baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- 2" scoop
- ½ cup Dairy Free butter, room temp
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups 1.1 Gluten Free flour
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup Dairy Free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Dairy Free milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup Bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans, optional
- In a bowl add the butter and sugar. Mix for 5 minutes until the sugar is mostly dissolved and the butter is light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Add in all of the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts if adding.
- Allow the dough to chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a 2" scoop portion out dough and evenly place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until tops are light golden brown.
- Allow to cool on baking racks. Enjoy!