Sometimes you just have to have fun with your food. These Ultimate Gluten Free Chocolate Brookie Pancakes are proof that you can make your cake(s) and eat them too!
Whose says you can’t have dessert for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner? These over the top and fully loaded pancakes are sure to make any meal special.
What is a Brookie?
Whoever had the genius vision of combining a cookie and a brownie to create the ultimate decadent mashup is my hero. It’s the best of both worlds. Chewy bites of molten brownie, that unmistakable caramelized flavor of cookie dough, chunks of chocolate chips.
These Ultimate Gluten Free Chocolate Brookie Pancakes build upon that brookie flavor, and take them over the top with the addition of chocolate pancakes and Dairy Free caramel syrup. As impressive and towering as they are however, they couldn’t be easier.
It always helps for recipes like this to have a well stocked pantry. When it comes to pancakes, my favorite brand of Gluten Free mix is Josie’s Best. All of Josie’s Best products are produced in a Top 8 Allergen Free facility. They’re gluten free, egg free, milk free, tree-nut free, soy free, and peanut free. They’re also non-GMO.
For the chocolate chip cookie and brownie portion of this recipe I am using Sweet Loren’s edible cookie and brownie dough. Yes, edible dough. I told you you could have your cake and eat it too.
Building Your Ultimate Gluten Free Chocolate Brookie Pancakes
Let’s get to the ooey gooey decadent fun of constructing our stack of pancakes. This recipe couldn’t be easier!
This recipe calls for your favorite pancake mix. You are going to make it according to the package directions, with a couple of additions. Vanilla extract and cocoa powder take ordinary pancakes to the next level of chocolaty deliciousness with ease.
Make sure your skillet or griddle is fully heated before adding your pancake batter. This helps with the puff and that crispy exterior and tender interior.
When you pour your batter, you’re going to sprinkle half of them with the edible Gluten Free cookie dough and the other half with the edible Gluten Free brownie dough.
From there, it’s all about stacking your Ultimate Gluten Free Chocolate Brookie Pancakes. The finishing flourish is a drizzle of Dairy Free caramel sauce. Easy, and mouthwatering good.
Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free S’mores Pancakes: Dessert First. Now let’s flip some pancakes!
Ultimate Gluten Free Chocolate Brookie Pancakes
- Mixing Bowl
- large skillet or griddle
- Your favorite Gluten Free pancake mix, plus ingredients to prepare
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup Gluten Free edible cookie dough
- 1 cup Gluten Free edible brownie dough
- Dairy Free caramel sauce for serving
- Prepare your Gluten Free pancake mix according to package directions, with the addition of vanilla extract and cocoa powder. Do not over mix.
- Heat your skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Portion out your pancake batter. Add edible cookie dough to half of the pancakes, and edible brownie batter to the other half.
- When bubbles begin to form, flip your pancakes and cook the other side, approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
- Stack your pancakes and drizzle with Dairy Free caramel sauce and a sprinkle of extra edible cookie and brownie dough. Enjoy!