What are your top three guilty pleasure sweet treats? Mine are Rice Krispy treats, Cinnamon Toast Crunch (don’t judge because you know you love it!), and anything and everything s’mores related. These Gluten Free S’mores Pancakes give you all of those flavors you love while also giving you permission to eat s’mores for breakfast.
What's not to love about s'mores? It's impossible to resist the combination of molten chocolate and sticky oozing marshmallows sandwiched between two crispy graham crackers. These fully stacked and topped fluffy pancakes will give you those flavors you love and so much more.
S'mores, Ooey Gooey Delicious!
What is it about s'mores that makes them so much fun and so crave worthy? Part of it is of course the excuse to play with fire. I don't know about you, but I love seeing those puffy clouds of marshmallows light up and get singed deep bronze.
Since we're making s'mores a total breakfast treat, there's no need to break out the blow torch. You are still going to have that viscous drip of marshmallow, the the creamy decadent coat of chocolate, with the added benefit of you won't scorch off your taste buds!
For these Gluten Free S'mores Pancakes I'm using Rigoni Di Asiago Nocciolata Dairy Free Organic Hazelnut and Cocoa Spread. The chocolate hazelnut spread offers that luxurious molten chocolate texture while packing even more flavor.
Gluten Free S'mores Pancakes, Give me S'more Please!
When I'm craving s'mores, I want them five minutes ago. The base of these Gluten Free S'mores pancakes starts with your favorite pancake mix. I am using Josie's Best Pancake Mix for this recipe. They bake up light, fluffy, and oh so pillowy.
The first layer of s'mores goodness comes from adding graham cracker crumbs to the pancake batter. As the pancakes cook in your pan and fluff up, they'll infuse the unmistakable warm molasses flavor into every bite.
Then it's all about the stacking and construction. Remember the sicky jar of marshmallow fluff from childhood? We're going to bring back that nostalgic favorite to build this delicious decadent breakfast. Spread a little, or spread a lot.
Let your kids get involved and have fun! That jar of hazelnut and cocoa spread? Dig in and let the stack of pancakes be your canvas. These are s'mores pancakes after all, it's not about being precise, it's all about that ooey, gooey drip.
Now that's you're ready for breakfast for dessert, let's make Gluten Free S'mores Pancakes!
Love a sweet treat for breakfast? Make sure you check out my recipe for Delicious Gluten Free Churro Donuts.
Gluten Free S'mores Pancakes
- Griddle or skillet
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 cup Gluten Free graham crackers, finely crushed
- ½ cup oat milk
- Gluten Free pancake mix, plus ingredients to prepare
- Dairy Free Hazelnut-chocolate spread
- marshmallow fluff
- Extra crushed graham crackers for serving
- Add the graham cracker crumbs and oat milk to a bowl
- Mix well and allow the graham crackers to soften and absorb the oat milk.
- Mix your pancake batter in the same bowl, incorporating the soaked graham crackers into the batter.
- Heat your griddle/skillet and cook your pancakes according to directions. Flip when bubbles begin to form on the top.
- To assemble your s'mores pancakes, divide your pancakes in half. Spread marshmallow fluff on one half and hazelnut-chocolate spread on the other. Alternate when stacking.
- Sprinkle with extra crushed graham crackers. Enjoy!