When it comes to classic comfort food, lasagna has long held a special place in our hearts. Its layers of hearty pasta, rich sauce, and gooey cheese make it an all-time favorite. But what if we told you that there’s a way to enjoy all the classic flavors of lasagna in a new, exciting form? Enter Lasagna Roll-Ups – a delightful twist on the traditional lasagna recipe.
Imagine tender lasagna sheets rolled up with a mouthwatering blend of seasoned ground beef, creamy ricotta cheese, and savory marinara sauce, all rolled up in tender lasagna noodles. It’s a taste explosion with each bite! From busy weeknight dinners to gatherings with friends, this is a recipe that will become a favorite in your kitchen.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE LASAGNA ROLL-UPS
- Easy to Make: You don’t need to be a kitchen expert to master Lasagna Roll-Ups. The step-by-step instructions make whipping up a delightful meal a breeze for anyone.
- Delicious Flavors: These roll-ups offer all the classic lasagna flavors you adore – from rich meat sauce to creamy cheese filling. Each bite is a burst of delightful taste.
- Perfect for Recipes: Lasagna Roll-Ups are great for meal prepping. You can make individual servings and store them for a quick and hearty dinner any day of the week.
- Versatile Ingredients: While this recipe uses ground beef, you can get creative with your choice of meat or opt for a vegetarian version with spinach or mushrooms.
- Ideal for Sharing: Lasagna Roll-Ups are a crowd pleaser. Serve them up to your family, at a potluck, or at any gathering – they’ll vanish in no time!
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE LASAGNA ROLL-UPS
- Ground beef
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Lasagna sheets
- Marinara sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- Ricotta cheese
- Minced garlic
- Italian seasoning
- Mozzarella cheese
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE LASAGNA ROLL-UPS
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Mixing Bowls
- 9×13 baking dish
- Large Skillet
HOW TO MAKE LASAGNA ROLL-UPS
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a deep 9x13x3″ baking dish.
- Boil lasagna noodles to al dente as per the package directions.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet and stir in the marinara sauce.
- Spread half of the marinara mixture in the baking dish.
- In a bowl, make the ricotta filling by combining ricotta, Parmesan, egg, Italian seasoning, garlic, and parsley.
- Add a couple of spoonfuls of the ricotta cheese mixture onto each lasagna sheet and roll them up.
- Arrange the individual rolls in the baking dish and top with the remaining marinara sauce and meat mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the cheese bubbles and is golden brown.
- Remove and enjoy!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I make Lasagna Roll Ups in advance?
Absolutely! You can prepare these roll-ups in advance and refrigerate or freeze them. Just pop them in the oven when you’re ready.
Can I use other meats?
Of course! While this recipe uses ground beef, you can opt for Italian sausage, ground chicken, ground turkey, turkey sausage, or even a vegetarian version with spinach or mushrooms.
How long will leftovers last?
Leftover Lasagna Roll-Ups can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 3-4 days. They make excellent next-day lunches!
You can also freeze Lasagna Roll-Ups for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to eat them, bake for slightly longer than the cooking time listed in the recipe, around 40-45 minutes.
Can I use different cheese varieties?
Sure, get creative with your cheese choices! You can use part skim ricotta, mozzarella, whole milk ricotta, or any other cheese you prefer.
What happens if my cheese browns too quickly?
Use aluminum foil to cover the Lasagna Roll-Ups for the first half of cooking. Remove the foil for the last half of cooking to allow the cheese to bubble.
- Measuring cups/spoons
- mixing bowls
- 9 x 13 Baking Dish
- Large skillet
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 9 oz box of GF lasagna sheets
- 24 oz marinara
- 1 egg
- 8 oz parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup of mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 x3″ deep baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until browned and add the marinara.
- Add half the marinara mixture to the base of the baking dish.
- In a bowl add the ricotta, parmesan cheese, egg, Italian seasoning, garlic and parsely.
- Mix well.
- Add a couple of tbsp of the ricotta mixture to the lasagna roll and roll up.
- Place the rolls in the baking dish, top with the rest of the marinara meat mixture, top with mozzarella and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove and Enjoy!
This Lasagna Roll Ups recipe are all about delicious flavors, easy preparation, and versatility. Whether you’re cooking for your whole family or prepping meals for the week, they are a must-try for anyone who loves comforting Italian dishes. Enjoy this hearty and easay recipe that’s perfect for sharing with loved ones!