You’ve heard of the saying you can’t have your cake and eat it too? That doesn’t apply to these Gluten Free Turtle Sundae Brownie Pancakes. Not only will you and your family devour these, you won’t have to decide between breakfast or dessert.
If you want your friends to invite themselves over to your house, make these pancakes. If you want your family to jump out of bed, make these pancakes. And if you want to treat yourself to the ultimate decadent stack, make these pancakes!
Naughty and Nice
When you hear the words turtle sundae brownie pancakes your first and second thoughts probably aren't gluten free and dairy free. However these fully loaded and over stuffed pancakes are both.
Not only are these luxurious dessert inspired pancakes gluten free and dairy free, they're easy to make. I don't know about you but when I want pancakes, I want them five minutes ago.
The base of these pancakes begins with using your favorite gluten free pancake mix. I used Josie's Best Pancake Mix. Made in a top 8 allergen free facility, Josie Best Pancake Mix bake up light and fluffy.
In addition to starting with a pancake mix, we take help with the brownie portion in Gluten Free Turtle Sundae Brownie Pancakes. By using gluten free brownie dough, you are on your way to pancake bliss that much faster. For this recipe I used Sweet Loren's Fudgy Brownie Cookie Dough.
Building the Ultimate Gluten Free Turtle Sundae Brownie Pancakes
Not only are these pancakes a decadent experience, they're also so much fun to build! Get your friends and family involved and let them top them however they like. It's just as easy to make a single batch as it is to double and triple the recipe.
Just follow the recipe on your chosen Gluten Free pancake mix and adjust the amount of cocoa powder and oat milk. From there, these pancakes are your canvas. From there, you are going to add a drizzle or lava flow of dairy free caramel. Every turtle needs pecans so sprinkle your stack. Be generous! Finally, don't forget about the sundae portion in these Gluten Free Turtle Sundae Brownie Pancakes. You can top them with your favorite dairy free ice cream or dairy free whipped cream!
Love pancakes? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free S'mores Pancakes.
Gluten Free Turtle Sundae Brownie Pancakes
- Mixing Bowl
- Gluten free pancake mix, made according to package directions
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ⅛ cup oat milk, or non dairy milk of choice
- chocolate brownie cookie dough, broken up, GF & DF
- Dairy Free caramel topping
- Dairy Free ice-cream or whipped cream
- Add cocoa powder to your favorite pancake mix.
- Add wet ingredients for pancakes, along with the oat milk. Stir to just combine.
- Heat skillet. Using a ladle or measuring cup pour pancakes onto the griddle. Sprinkle the brownie dough onto pancakes.
- Cook until bubbles begin to form on top and edges are set and then flip, 3-5 minutes for the first side and a little less for the second. Continue with the rest of the pancakes.
- To assemble, drizzle or pour on caramel sauce. Sprinkle with pecans. Top with Dairy Free ice-cream or whipped cream. Dig in and enjoy!