Sometimes we all need to take a moment and treat ourselves. There is nothing that hugs the soul like a warm, molten cookie. These Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Cookies are sure to become your new favorite decadent treat.
Tender, soft, and oh so ooey and gooey, these cookies are sure to become an instant hit for all of the chocolate lovers in your life. Bursting with rich flavor in every bite, they are a celebration of the art of chocolate making.
Love at First Bite
There are chocolate chip cookies, and then there are cookies that are an occasion unto themselves like these Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Cookies. A little fudgy with that perfect chewy bite, the copious amount of chocolate takes these over the top.
When you call something triple chocolate, there is no denying you are making chocolate completely the star of the dessert and want to pick the best. The chocolate should possess the true essence of the cocoa bean and not be masked by additives and unnecessary amounts of sugar.
Scharffen Berger Chocolate Maker pioneered the American craft chocolate movement. Unlike other chocolates, they highlight the true flavor of cocoa. Their chocolates are Kosher, Gluten Free, and with the exception of their 41% milk chocolate also Dairy Free.
For Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Cookies I am using their cocoa powder, 62% cocoa semi-sweet chocolate, and 70% cocoa dark chocolate. You get the balance of sweetness, bitterness, and richness. The combination of the three chocolates creates the ultimate luxurious confection.
How to Make Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Cookies
With just a few steps you will be eagerly anticipating biting into these soft and moist cookies. They’re so irresistible you just might want to double the recipe!
Time needed: 1 hour
The hardest part of making these sumptuous cookies is waiting long enough for them to cool for the first bite!
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Allow your Dairy Free butter to come to room temperature.
- Mix it up!
Add your sugars and Dairy Free room temperature butter to a mixing bowl and mix on high for 5 minutes until it is light and fluffy.
Next mix in the vanilla, and add one egg at a time, allowing it to incorporate before adding the next.
Add in all of the dry ingredients and mix until they are just combined.
Finally mix in the chocolate.
- Cookie Time
Use an ice cream scoop to portion out your cookie dough.
Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes.
- Final Step
Allow the Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Cookies to cool for 30 minutes for serving them.
Top Tip for Triple Chocolate Cookies
Always let your Dairy Free butter sit out and soften to room temperature before making your cookie dough. This will allow everything to mix together evenly and smoothly.
In addition, using an ice cream scoop will give you uniformly portioned cookies. This allows them to cook evenly.
If you’re looking for more over the top chocolate recipes make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten and Dairy Free German Chocolate Cake. Now let’s get baking!
Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 2 baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- ice cream scoop
- 1 cup Dairy Free butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups Gluten Free 1.1 flour
- 3/4 cup Scharffen Berger unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Scharffen Berger 62% cocoa semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup Scharffen Berger 70% cocoa dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add your room temperature butter and both sugars to a mixing bowl and mix on high for 5 minutes. Th mixture should be light and fluffy.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Add one egg at a time and allow it to incorporate before adding the next one.
- Add in the dry ingredients. Mix them until they are just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Mix in the chocolate chunks.
- Use an ice cream scoop to portion out the cookie dough.
- Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes until they are set.
- Allow them to cool for 30 minutes before serving.