Every night is a fiesta when tacos are on the menu. Shake up your normal taco routine with these Gluten Free Sweet and Spicy Braised Chicken Tacos.
These fun and easy tacos pack a fusion of flavors in every bite. Combining tropical flavors with smoky heat, they will have your taste buds dancing.
What better way to celebrate a new grill than with tacos? Gluten Free Sweet and Spicy Braised Chicken Tacos are a great way to get outside and enjoy cooking with family and friends.
I recently got a new Traeger pellet grill. When I started thinking about the first thing I wanted to cook on it, tacos immediately came to mind. While I made the chicken for these tacos start to finish on the grill, you can also do this on your stovetop. The magic is all in the braising.
The tacos themselves combine just a handful of ingredients that produce a symphony of flavors. The boneless, skinless chicken thighs are seasoned with Spiceology's One World blend. This spice blend combines coconut sugar, cardamon, turmeric, and warm spices such as allspice and cinnamon for a complex sweet and spicy kick. Bringing another layer of sweetness that compliments the One World blend is pineapple. As the chicken braises it'll break down and create a beautiful, flavorful sauce.
All great tacos need a fun topping for crunch and freshness. For this recipe we're making a bright and savory jicama slaw. Both jicama and radishes combined with a sunny citrus kiss of lime give these tacos crunch in every bite.
Firing Up Gluten Free Sweet and Spicy Braised Chicken Tacos
Fire up your grill and give your tongs a couple of clicks. These tropical tacos couldn't be easier!
- Preheat your grill to 350 degrees. You want your grates hot when you add your chicken.
- Season both sides of your chicken thighs with the One World seasoning and kosher salt.
- Grill your chicken thighs 3 minutes per side. You are looking to brown them and get a little char, but not cook them all the way through.
- Place a large Dutch oven on your grates. Add the pineapple, remaining seasonings, chicken or vegetable stock, and chipotle pure. Add the chicken in and cover.
- Let the chicken cook for one hour, or until the chicken is fork tender and shreds easily.
- Shred the chicken for your Gluten Free Sweet and Spicy Braised Chicken Tacos and allow it to soak in the juices.
- Build your slaw. Mix all of your ingredients together and allow the slaw to marinate for at least ten minutes.
- Pile up those tacos and let the fiesta commence!
Are you looking for more fun and easy taco inspiration? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Sweet Sake Mango Shrimp Tacos. Now let's get cooking!
Gluten Free Sweet and Spicy Braised Chicken Tacos
- 1 grill
- 1 Dutch Oven
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Tacos
- 1 cup jicama, thinly julienned
- ¼ cup radish, thinly julienned
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tsp agave syrup can substitute with honey
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat your grill to 350 degrees.
- Season both sides of the chicken thighs with 1 tsp One World seasoning and 1 tsp kosher salt.
- Grill the chicken thighs 3 minutes per side. You are just looking to brown the chicken and get a little char, not cook it all the way through.
- Place a large Dutch oven on the grates. Add the pineapple, remaining One World seasoning and salt, and chicken or vegetable stock. Stir to combine. Add the chicken in and cover.
- Allow the chicken to cook for an hour or until it's ork tender.
- Shred the chicken apart and allow it to soak in the juices.
- To build your taco pile some of the pulled chicken onto a tortilla and top with the jicama slaw.
- Mix all of your ingredients together. Allow the slaw to marinate for at least 10 minutes.