There's something about a bundt cake that just seems so happy. I love the whimsical shapes the pans produce combined with the just sweet enough endless combination of flavors that are always perfect any time of day. This Gluten Free Strawberry-Banana Bundt Cake is one of my favorites.
Moist, tender, yet dense, this cake is bursting with fresh crimson bites of strawberries and the sweet creamy kiss of banana. If you're looking for the perfect dessert to serve with your afternoon tea or bring to a backyard barbecue this is the recipe for you.
There is a reason some flavors are just classics. Peanut butter and jelly. Chocolate and marshmallows. Steak and eggs. And Gluten Free Strawberry-Banana Bundt Cake.
With two cups of fresh strawberries this cake packs a punch of sweet summery flavor into every bite. The ripe banana adds both a natural sweetness while also lending to the texture keeping every bite irresistibly moist.
One of my favorite accents to strawberries that highlights their flavor is almond. A splash of almond extract gives this cake that little something special that will have your family going back for another bite.
Crowning this beautiful and festive cake is the perfect drizzle of glaze. While it's completely optional I love adding just a dash of red food coloring to my glaze for that vibrant burst of color.
How to Measure Bananas
We’ve all made banana bread or seen recipes that call for half a cup or a cup of bananas. But how much do you actually need when it comes to measuring bananas themselves? When it comes to measuring bananas, a recipe can state whether it’s chopped, or mashed, as in most banana bread recipes. However, they both measure slightly differently! Keep in mind that when adding bananas to a recipe more banana doesn’t equal more flavor. Instead, it could leave you with a dense or mushy finished product. Instead, you want to use the ripest bananas possible for the most intense banana flavor.
Here is an easy guide to use the next time you need to measure out fresh banana for a recipe.
- ½ banana: ⅓ cup chopped | ¼ cup mashed
- 1 banana: ⅔ cup chopped | ½ cup mashed
- 1-½ bananas: 1 cup chopped | ¾ cup mashed
- 2 bananas: 1-⅓ cups chopped | 1 cup mashed
- 3 bananas: 2 cups chopped | 1-½ cups mashed
- 4 bananas: 2-⅔ cups chopped | 2 cups mashed
Baking Up Your Gluten Free Strawberry-Banana Bundt Cake
In addition to how pretty they are, I love bundt cakes because they're so easy to make. Let me walk your through the steps so you're on your way to baking up this fruity confection.
- Pregame! Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and prepare your 8" bundt pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Mix your melted Dairy Free butter and sugar for 3 minutes. This will partially dissolve the sugar.
- Add in your eggs and ripe banana.
- Add in your remaining ingredients including the dry ingredients. Don't over mix. You want to keep your Gluten Free Strawberry-Banana Bundt Cake tender and being gentle when mixing will ensure that.
- Bake your cake for 30-40 minutes. You want the top to be golden brown and a toothpick to come out clean.
- Always allow your cake to cool completely before you add your glaze.
Looking for more recipes to use your bundt pan? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Decadent Apple Sorghum Bundt Cake. Now let's get baking!
Gluten Free Strawberry-Banana Bundt Cake
- 8" bundt pan
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped
- ½ cup Dairy Free butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups Gluten Free 1.1 flour
- pinch of kosher salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp oat milk
- optional red food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8" bundt pan with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add the melted butter and sugar. Beat on high for 3 minutes until sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Add the eggs and banana and mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely.
- In a bowl mix all of the ingredients together until smooth. Pour over the cooled cake.
Leave a Reply