Gooey, fudgy, chewy, decadently delicious. Meet the Gluten Free S'mores Revel Bars with Rolled Oats. What happens when an oatmeal cookie meets chocolate fudge? You get the revel bar. How do you make something already magnificent even better? You give it s'more love.
Growing up, my family lived next to an Amish community. There were occasions where they would need to use the phone, borrow a tool, etc. To tell my parents thank you they would bring us baked goods.
I remember the first time I bit into a revel bar. Like a flavor punch, all I could think was WOW! Firstly, the combination of that chewy oat and brown sugar cookie crust felt like a warm hug. Not to be outshined, the molten layer of chocolate that threatened to drip down my arm captivated me, barely contained by the crumbly oat topping.
It Starts with the Oats...
As soon as I tried Grandy Organics Rolled Oats, I knew they'd be perfect for updating the revel bar into a Gluten Free S'mores Revel Bar with Rolled Oats. Certified organic and gluten free, you can taste the freshness of these oats.
Grandy Organics is a company with heart that is on a mission to make healthy and delicious products while also giving back Their rolled oats are part of their Grandy Pantry. Offering the same quality ingredients that go into all of the recipes for their products, you are getting the same excellence that makes their granolas so great.
Grandy Organics has an entire line of granolas, Coconola (Glute Free granola with a coconut base), roasted nuts, and trail mix. Whether you're looking for healthy snacks, or pantry staples to add to your own recipes, you can feel good about serving their products to your family and friends.
Gluten Free S'mores Revel Bars with Rolled Oats, A Classic Reinvented
How do you make a classic even better? You top it with marshmallows and hit them with the broiler. We've already established that layer of chocolate that teases a lava flow. Add in those toasty, sticky marshmallows and you have the ultimate treat.
Making Gluten Free S'mores Revel Bars with Rolled Oats couldn't be easier. You don't even need a mixer (or to get it dirty) for this. You're going to mix the cookie dough mixture together, and divide it. Most of this will be your crust while the remainer becomes the topping.
Next up, that luxurious chocolate layer. Simply melt Dairy Free semi sweet and dark chocolate chips, sweetened condensed coconut milk, Dairy Free butter, and vanilla together. Just imagine that pouring over the rolled oat cookie base.
The marshmallows are last, but in no way least. They're the cherry on top of this beautiful dessert. Just sprinkle them on and pop them under the broiler. You can almost taste them, can't you? Toasted golden on the outside, barely holding together inside, and oh so good.
Are you ready for your own WOW moment? Then let's get baking! Love to bake? Make sure you check out my recipe for Dairy Free Pineapple Coconut Tres Leches Cake.
Gluten Free S'mores Revel Bars with Rolled Oats
- Mixing Bowl
- 9x13 baking dish
Rolled Oat Cookie Bars
- 1 cup Dairy Free butter, room temperature
- 2 cups Gluten Free flour
- 3 cups quick cook rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups mini marshmallows (for topping)
- ¾ cup Dairy Free dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup Dairy Free semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 11 oz sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Dairy Free butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a mixing bowl add your sugar, eggs, and butter. Stir together until smooth and the sugar is completely incorporated.
- Add the remaining ingredients, minus the marshmallows, and fold in until combined.
- Add all of the ingredients for the chocolate layer to a pot over low heat.
- Continually stir until the chocolate chips are dissolved and it's silky smooth. Remove from the heat.
- Spread ¾ of the rolled oats cookie layer into the pan, pressing down to make it even.
- Pour the chocolate layer over the top and using a spatula evenly smooth it out.
- Break up the remaining rolled oats dough and sprinkle over the top of the chocolate.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Sprinkle the marshmallows over the top and turn oven to low broil. Return to oven for 1-2 minutes until the marshmallows are light brown.
- Allow to cool before cutting. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply