I love simple and elegant meals. The type that you can entertain with, or just pull together for an easy weeknight meal. This Gluten Free Pork Milanese with Arugula Salad is one of my favorites.
There’s something about celebrating the ingredients themselves. The way they all play together and compliment yet shine on their own. This beautiful and easy dish is all letting the ingredients shine.
Gluten Free Pork Milanese with Arugula Salad is one of my favorite dishes to make. It’s all fresh ingredients and simple plating making it ideal for any occasion.
The star of this dish is the Bertolli Cooking Olive Oil. The light tasting olive oil allows the flavors of the pork chops to shine. In addition, the high smoking point allows the crust to get perfectly crispy without worry of the oil burning.
I love using this oil for a shallow fry like these breaded pork chops. Because of its mild flavor it also works well for baking, and the high temperature cooking point lends itself to be perfect for grilling. I truly love the versatility of this olive oil.
You will want to use thin cut pork chops for this dish. They’re great for quick and easy dishes such as this. The combination of cornstarch and Gluten Free panko bread crumbs combined with parsley and Dairy Free parmesan create the ultimate savory, crispy crust. This dish is all about texture!
Adding peppery flavor and a fresh bite, arugula makes a beautiful bed for these crispy chops. The salad dressing is light and bright, accenting without overpowering. Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil is combined with fresh lemon juice and just a splash of red wine vinegar for tang. Fresh basil and parsley finish it off for an herbaceous note to compliment the pork.
Gluten Free Pork Milanese with Arugula Salad, Easy as 1-2-3
This complete meal comes together with ease in only 30 minutes. It’s all about having everything in place.
- Make sure your thin cut pork chops are dry. This will allow the layers to stick.
- Set up your breading station. This is a three-part process. Cornstarch, egg wash, and Gluten Free breadcrumbs last. The breadcrumbs are pulsed in the food processor along with Dairy Free parmesan, parsley, and salt and pepper until a fine crumb is formed.
- Shake off the excess at each step. Shake off any extra cornstarch, and then egg wash, and finally the panko.
- Let the Bertolli Cooking Olive Oil fully heat before adding your chops. This will allow them to brown and become crispy on the outside while cooking the meat through.
- Cook each side 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Allow them to drain on a paper towel lined plate or rack white building your salad.
- Mix together your salad dressing. Divide up your arugula for your Gluten Free Pork Milanese with Arugula Salad.
- Drizzle your dressing over the greens before topping each plate with your pork. I like to serve these with lemon wedges.
Are you looking for more salad ideas? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Cherry Turkey Salad with Fennel. Now let’s get cooking!
Gluten Free Pork Milanese with Arugula Salad
- Large skillet
- 3 bowls for breading station
- 4 tbsp Bertolli Cooking Oil
- 1 cup Gluten Free panko breadcrumbs
- 1/8 cup Dairy Free parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 pork chops, thin cut, lightly pounded out
- 5 cups arugula
- 1/8 cup Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Dairy Free parmesan
- juice of 1 lemon
- generous pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- dash of red wine vinegar
- lemon wedges for serving
- Add the panko, cheese, dried parsley, and salt and pepper to a food processor. Pulse until you have fine, sandy crumbs. Pour mixture into a bowl or plate.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg and water.
- Add the cornstarch to a third bowl.
- Dry off the pork chops.
- Dip the pork chop in the cornstarch, shaking off the excess.
- Dip into the egg wash.
- Dip into the panko mixture. Repeat the process with the other three pork chops.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat with the Bertolli Cooking Olive Oil.
- Once heated place the pork chops into the pan. Be careful not to crowd. If you need to work in batches that is okay.
- Allow the pork chops to brown 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown and crispy. The internal temperature should be 145.
- Transfer pork chops to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and splash of vinegar.
- In a separate bowl mix together the arugula, parmesan, basil, and parsley.
- Drizzle the dressing on top.
- Serve with lemon wedges.