It's officially grilling season! One of my favorite desserts to serve with any sort of barbecue is a cobbler. This Gluten Free Pineapple Crisp with Date Syrup is a fun and unexpected twist on the summertime classic.
Crisps are one of those dessert that are fun to switch up with seasonal ingredients. Nothing says summer like the sweet yet tart tropical flavor of pineapple. With just a handful of ingredients this dessert comes together in less than an hour.
This is one of those confections you have to taste to believe. Gluten Free Pineapple Crisp with Date Syrup contains no additional sugar.
There are certain ingredients that I always have in my pantry, and one of them is D'vash Organics Date Syrup. I love using this one ingredient sweetener for both savory and sweet dishes. Made simply from organic dates, it's lower on the glycemic scale. It has 25% less sugar than honey and is an even one to one swap for sugar in your recipes.
There are just two ingredients that make up the filling for this crisp, juicy, fresh pineapple and the date syrup. As it bakes, the date syrup accents the sweetness of the pineapple and helps it form a sticky sauce.
The crisp topping brings all of the texture and crunch. Rolled oats and sliced almonds get a kiss of warmth from cinnamon while Dairy Free butter and Gluten Free 1 to 1 flour bind it together.
You can just as easily bake this tropical treat on the grill as you can in the oven. If you're having people over and have the grill fired up, simply put it on while you're eating dinner because it only takes 30 minutes to bake.
Easy and Delicious Pineapple Crisp with Date Syrup
With just a few simple steps and ingredients, this dessert comes together effortlessly. It's so delicious, you'll be making it all summer long.
- Preheat your oven or grill to 350 degrees.
- Make sure your pineapple is cut into approximately 1" pieces. The even sizes will allow them to cook more evenly.
- Add you pineapple and date syrup to a 7x10 baking dish and mix well.
- To make your crisp topping, make sure your Dairy Free butter is cold. Mix all of the ingredients together until it's crumbly. Sprinkle all over the pineapple.
- Bake for 30 minutes until it's golden brown and bubbly.
Are you looking for more summertime treats? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten and Dairy Free Creamsicle Pie. Now let's get baking!
Gluten Free Pineapple Crisp with Date Syrup
- 1 7"x10" baking dish
- 1 pineapple, cored cut into 1" cubes
- 3 tbsp D'vash Date Syrup
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup Dairy Free butter, cold
- ½ cup Gluten Free 1.1 flou
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the pineapple and date syrup to a 7x10 baking dish. Mix to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a separate bowl. Mix to combine. The mixture should be sandy in appearance.
- Sprinkle the crumble all over the top of the pineapple.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top is lightly golden brown.