The Super Bowl is just around the corner. Whether your team made it or not, it's all about a day of friends, football, and of course epic gameday food. Score big with dessert with these Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats.
Rice Krispie treats are a nostalgic confection young and old alike love. Sticky, chewy, and perfectly sweet, they're the ideal way to cap off any celebratory feast. Start with Easy Beef and Venison Chili and score a touchdown with this dessert!
Besides being as fun to eat as they are delicious, Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats only require a handful of easy ingredients. They're budget friendly to make and are always a total crowd pleaser.
- Marshmallows - No need to get fancy. Classic miniature marshmallows are perfect for this. They melt quickly and easily.
- Dairy Free Butter - Helps create the sticky sauce that holds these rice krispie treats together.
- Brown Rice Crisps - Real Cereal Organic Brown Rice Crisps is made with just a single ingredient, organic brown rice. It has zero sugar, is Gluten Free, certified USDA organic, and is non-GMO.
- Peanut Butter - That perfect balance of a little sweet and a little savory, combined with the marshmallows created the sauce that holds these treats together and gives them their irresistible sticky texture.
- Dairy Free Semi Sweet Chocolate - You can use either chocolate chips or your favorite bar of chocolate that has been chopped.
- Chopped Peanuts - Gives these a little extra crunch while echoing the flavor of the peanut butter.
How to Make Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
These chewy and delicious childhood favorites are perfect for any level of baker. The only actual cooking required is melting down the peanut butter and marshmallows. These are a great sweet treat the kids can help make, showing them the fun of getting into the kitchen.
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Classic rice krispie treats are joined by the ultimate combination, peanut butter and chocolate.
Add the butter and marshmallows to a pot over medium-low heat. Stir until the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Peanut Butter
Stir in half a cup of peanut butter and keep stirring until it has combined with the marshmallows.
Turn off the heat. Pour in the cereal and mix until it is fully coated.
Pour the cereal mixture into a casserole dish and use a spatula to spread it out. Allow it to cool.
Heat up the peanut butter in the microwave just a few seconds until it has softened. Spread over the top of the rice krispie treats.
Using a double boiler or the microwave, melt your chocolate. Drizzle it over the top of the Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats. Top with chopped peanut and enjoy!
This recipe is completely Gluten Free and Dairy Free. You can use dairy butter in this recipe. The measurement will be the same. In addition, you can also use regular Rice Krispies cereal.
How to Make this Recipe Nut Free
With so many allergens and food sensitivities, I am always looking for ways to make my recipes accessible to everyone. If you or one of your friends or family have a tree nut allergy, the peanut butter in this recipe can be replaced with sunflower seed butter.
In addition to providing its own unique flavor that is a great swap for peanut butter, sunflower seed butter also offers up additional nutrients. It's rich in protein, vitamin E, fiber, zinc, and iron.
Storage for Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
Rice Krispie treats are the perfect make ahead dessert. They're ideal to take over to a friend's party or offer up at a bake sale. They need to remain covered but can be stored at room temperature for up to a week.
How to Create a Double Boiler
When you create a double boiler, it allows you to cook or melt something at a gentle heat without worry of over cooking it. This is useful for making custards, meringues, melting chocolate, etc. The best part is you don’t need any special tools.
Armed with a pot of simmering water and a glass bowl, you can easily create a double boiler at home. The key is to make sure the water never touches the bottom of the bowl. You want the steam created from the seal to do all of the work.
Top Tip for Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
Using the microwave is a quick and easy way to make your peanut butter more spreadable. Work in ten second intervals, stirring between. It should only take a few seconds to make it silky smooth and perfect for frosting the top of these treats.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
- 1 stockpot
- 1 9x13 casserole dish
- 16 oz marshmallows
- 4 tbsp Dairy Free butter
- 8 oz Gluten Free brown rice crisps cereal
- 1 cup peanut butter, divided
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate, either chocolate chips or finely chopped chocolate
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- Add the butter and marshmallows to a stockpot over medium-low heat. Stir until melted.
- Add ½ cup of peanut butter, stirring to combine.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the cereal.
- Pour the cereal mixture into the 9x 13 casserole dish. Spread out with a spatula. Allow to cool.
- Hea the remaining ½ cup peanut butter in the microwave for about 10 seconds, or until slightly melted.
- Pour over the top of the rice krispie treats and spread out.
- Gently melt the chocolate in the microwave or using a double boiler.
- Drizzle over the top of the peanut butter.
- Top with chopped peanuts.
Leave a Reply