The Super Bowl is just around the corner. What’s on your game day menu? There is something universally beloved about a bowl of fully loaded chili piled high with all of the toppings. Easy Beef and Venison Chili will have you scoring a total touchdown with its bold and savory flavors.
Whether its Detroit style chili topping a Coney Dog or this double the meat bowl of goodness, chili is just one of those dishes that will have family and friends diving in and looking for seconds. This quick cooking chili recipe combines hearty meat with two types of beans packing all of the flavors and texture you love. This is perfect for game day but speedy enough for any night of the week.
There’s something magic about the ability of a good chili recipe to combine pantry staples with just a few fresh ingredients. Easy Beef and Venison Chili makes the meat the star with just a few items you probably have as the supporting characters.
- D’Artagnan Ground Beef – D’Artagnan has been leading the farm to table movement since 1985. They partner with small farms and are committed to sustainable, free-range, and humane practices that respect animals and nature.
- D’Artagnan Ground Venison – This ground venison form New Zeeland is grass-feed and raised free of antibiotics and growth hormones. It’s as free-range as you can get without being wild.
- Green Pepper – Adds an earthy flavor without making this chili spicy.
- Onion – Gives both savory flavor and a natural sweetness that gives this chili depth.
- Beef Broth – Enhances the natural meatiness of the chili while helping the ingredients cook down and the flavors marry.
- Tomato Paste – Gives both a little sweetness and also body to the chili.
- Beans – A combination of kidney beans and black beans give both flavor and texture to this chili.
- Diced Tomatoes – Brings a little acidity and also sweetness that balances out all of the spice.
- Spices – Chili is all about the spices and this chili combines chili powder and ancho chili, cumin for earthiness, paprika for a little smokiness, and garlic powder for savory flavor.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Gives a salty kick of umami.
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Easy Beef and Venison Chili
If you have about an hour and a craving for meaty and hearty chili, this is the beef and bean chili for you! Fast cooking but loaded with flavor, this is sure to become a new favorite.
Time needed: 45 minutes
Combining two types of meat and beans, this hearty and comforting chili is a total game day winner!
Heat a large Dutch oven or stock pot over medium heat. Add your ground beef and venison and use a spoon to break it up, allowing it to brown.
Add your onions and bell pepper and cook until the onions are translucent.
Add your remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Cover and allow it to cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve this chili on its own, topped with your favorite chili toppings, or with a hunk of Gluten Free cornbread.
This chili is bold on flavor, but mild on heat. If you like things spicy feel free to add a diced jalapeno or serrano pepper when you’re sautéing your onions and green bell pepper. You can also add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Want your chili a little smoky? Add chipotle powder or a diced chipotle pepper into the chili.
No venison? No problem! This same chili recipe can be made with all ground beef. You can also substitute the combination of beans in this recipe with all kidney beans or your favorite variety such as pinto beans.
Is there anything better than leftover chili? As good as it is the first time it’s even better as leftovers. This beef and venison chili will keep in the refrigerator for a week. In addition it also freezes well. Allow it to cool and then transfer it to freezer safe bags. It will keep for up to three months.
Top Tip for Easy Beef and Venison Chili
Make sure that your Dutch oven or stock pot is fully heated before adding your meat. This will allow it to brown and develop a crust which will give it a deeper flavor.
Easy Beef and Venison Chili
- 1 Dutch oven or stockpot
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1 lbs ground venison
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 onions, diced medium
- 2 cups beef broth
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 15 oz kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Heat a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the ground beef and the venison. Cook the meat until it's browned, using your spoon to break it up.
- Add the onions and pepper. Continue to cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and allow to cook for 30 minutes.