Is there anything better than the smell of meat roasting away in the oven? The way it perfumes the house will have people flocking to the kitchen wanting to know if dinner is done yet. Gluten Free Herbed Rack of Lamb with Raspberry Mint Sauce is one of my favorites.
Unlike many larger cuts of meat and styles of roast, one of my favorite things about a rack of lamb is how quickly it cooks up. In less than an hour you can have an elegant meal out of the oven and on the table.
Creating beautiful and memorable food never needs to be complicated. With just a few simple ingredients Gluten Free Herbed Rack of Lamb with Raspberry Mint Sauce comes together effortlessly.
Skip the dayglo green mint jelly and bring in all of the flavors of spring and summer with this fresh and easy sauce. Sweet and tart juicy, ripe raspberries are combined with the bright pop of champagne vinegar. Fresh mint and lemon juice liven everything up while sugar adds just a hint of sweet.
For the herbaceous crust I am using one of my favorites, Outside Table’s Everyday Herb. This fresh, herb forward spice gets a little kick from crushed chilies and earthy note from cumin.
I love Outside Table because all of their products are certified organic, from their spices to their sauces. You can taste the small batch artisanal quality in every bite. Whether you’re making a dish for a special occasion or just a weeknight meal, it always elevates your dishes and gives them that all day cooked flavor.
Easy Elegance with Gluten Free Herbed Rack of Lamb with Raspberry Mint Sauce
Any night can be date night with this gorgeous rack of lamb. Pick out your favorite wine and put the music on, and let’s break it down.
- Your sauce can be made ahead of time. Simply add all of the ingredients to a pot and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes, or enough time for the raspberries to begin to break down.
- Transfer the sauce to a blender and blend until it’s smooth.
- Add the blended sauce to a fine mesh strainer and strain out all of the seeds.
- Mix together your ingredients for the marinade. Allow your rack of lamb to marinate for at least an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the rack of lamb in an oven safe baking dish. Roast for 25 minutes, or until you’ve reached your level of doneness.
- Brush the raspberry-mint sauce over the lamb.
Are you looking for more recipes with raspberries? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Raspberry Cake with Chocolate Buttercream. Now let’s get cooking!
Gluten Free Herbed Rack of Lamb with Raspberry Mint Sauce
- 1 saucepan
- 1 Blender
- 1 Baking Dish
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp fresh mint
- 1/2 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb
- 1 rack of lamb
- 1 tbsp Everyday Herb
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Raspberry Mint Sauce
- Add all of the ingredients to a pot on medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes until the raspberries begin to soften.
- Transfer the sauce to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Run the sauce through a fine mesh seive to remove the seeds.
Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb
- Mix together the Everyday Herb, salt, and olive oil. Brush all sides of the rack of lamb with the marinade and allow to marinate for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the rack of lamb in an oven safe baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes for medium-rare, or until the internal temperature is your level of doness.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Brush the rack of lamb with the raspberry-mint sauce.