What is your favorite take out meal? One of mine has always been sushi. Skip ordering in and make dinner at home with Gluten Free Deconstructed Sushi Bowls with Crispy Rice.
There’s no need to practice the fine art of sushi rolling with this fresh and interactive bowl. It packs all the flavor and textures of sushi you love with minimal work.
These Gluten Free Deconstructed Sushi Bowls with Crispy Rice were inspired by a place I recently visited with one of my friends. Since moving back to North Carolina, I’ve been trying to explore and discover new and unique food suppliers.
I recently visited a microgreens nursey and one of the microgreens that instantly excited my taste buds was wasabi microgreens. They add that peppery spicy punch to this dish. However if you can’t find wasabi microgreens you can substitute with your favorite variety.
Part of what makes these bowls so special is all of the incredible texture. From the crunch of cool, crisp cucumbers to the creamy sauce hugging the seafood, every bite is a little different.
The canvas supporting all of the flavors and textures in Gluten Free Deconstructed Sushi Bowls with Crispy Rice is crispy sushi rice. I love that you can make the sushi rice ahead of time, and then crisp up the rice in a pan when you’re ready to serve. This allows the entire fresh meal to come together easily and quickly.
I am using a combination of two different kinds of seafood in this recipe. Both cooked shrimp and krab meat offer up their natural sweetness that pairs perfectly with the spicy kick of jalapenos and sriracha.
Effortless Gluten Free Deconstructed Sushi Bowls with Crispy Rice
You might just find yourself never ordering take out sushi again. These easy bowls come together in minutes. Ideal for lunch or dinner, and a perfect make ahead for lunch on the go, this is sure to become a regular in your meal planning.
- Cook your sushi rice according to the package directions. This portion can be done ahead of time, even a couple of days before.
- Add vegetable oil and a splash of sesame oil to a skillet and heat on medium. Add the rice and allow it to cook for 6-8 minutes until lightly crispy and a little golden.
- Mix together your Dairy Free sour cream, mayo, and sriracha, and then fold in your krab and shrimp.
- Have fun creating your bowl! Add the crispy rice to the bottom. Top with your seafood mixture.
- Add all of your fresh toppings. Every bite can be a little different. That’s the fun of these bowls. They’re interactive!
Are you looking for more easy sushi inspiration? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Crispy Tuna Krab Sushi Stacks. Now let’s get cooking!
Gluten Free Deconstructed Sushi Bowls with Crispy Rice
- 1 medium pot or rice maker
- 1 cup sushi rice, prepared according to package directions
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- dash of sesame oil
Deconstructed Sushi Bowls
- 1 cup cooked shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 cup krab meat, chopped
- 2 tbsp Dairy Free sour cream
- 1/2 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup wasabi microgreens, or microgreens of choice
- Prepare the sushi rice according to package directions. This portion can be done ahead of time.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with vegetable oil and a small splash of sesame oil. Add the rice.
- Allow the rice to fry for 6-8 minutes until lightly crispy.
Deconstructed Sushi Bowls
- Add the mayo, sriracha, and sour cream to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the krab and shrimp and stir to completely coat and mix.
- Divide the rice between two bowls.
- Top with the seafood mixture.
- Add your jalapenos, cucumber, and avocado.
- Top with the microgreens.