It's no secret how much I love tres leches cake. There's something about sinking your fork (or spoon, because it is that tender) in for a bite and seeing it instantly disappear into moist depths. This Gluten Free Decadent Pistachio Tres Leches Cake might just be my new favorite variation.
There's something about the the delicate flavor of pistachios. They remind me of my favorite dessert, a white chocolate pistachio cake I had in Venice, Italy. This creamy and dreamy Gluten Free Decadent Pistachio Tres Leches Cake gets a double dose of fresh pistachio flavor.
All Good Things Start With Cake
I think we can all agree that nothing bad ever starts with cake. Cake in general is a universal symbol of celebration. We cut them at weddings, pile candles on them for birthdays, and celebrate the arrival of a new baby at showers with them.
The beginning of this dessert starts with baking a pistachio cake, and the base of it's flavor comes from using pistachio flour. For this recipe I am using Amoretti Pistachio Flour.
Amoretti offers a wide range of products, from Gluten Free nut flours to extracts and artisan natural flavors. Their pistachio flour contains 100% pistachios and is evenly and finely milled so sifting isn't required.
In addition to the pistachio flour bringing flavor to this Gluten Free Decadent Pistachio Tres Leches cake, Dairy Free sour cream adds both moisture and tang. When the cake itself for tres leches starts with incredible, just imagine when it's done!
Just like my other tres leches recipes, such as Dairy Free Cold Brew Rum Tres Leches Cake, this cake gets soaked three different types of coconut. Sweetened condensed coconut milk, evaporated coconut milk, and coconut cream are all combined and poured over the cake. I did promise decadent!
Dreamy Gluten Free Decadent Pistachio Tres Leches Cake
This two part dessert is as easy as it is dreamy. I will break it down to have you on your way to serving up your friend's and family's new favorite treat.
First, let's begin with the cake itself and the ingredients. To ensure everything mixes together easily and smoothly allow your Dairy Free butter to sit out and come to room temperature. This will allow you to just combine your ingredients so nothing is over mixed.
Next, once your cake has baked, you will want it to cool completely. This cake gets cut in half and stacked in a deeper cake dish. Choose one that is 3" deeper.
Place your first layer into the casserole dish and using either a skewer or fork poke holes all over. This will allow the three milks to permeate through. Pour half of the milk mixture over the cake before stacking the second half on top, poking your holes, and pouring the remaining milk mixture.
At this point your Gluten Free Decadent Pistachio Tres Leches Cake needs to chill. I recommend at least six hours but ideally overnight. This will allow the milks to sink into the entire cake, relax, and set up. The pistachio cake will be transformed into that magical tres leches with its unique soft, tender, and moist texture.
I know you're already anticipating that first bite, so let's get baking!
Gluten Free Decadent Pistachio Tres Leches Cake
- Mixing Bowl
- 9x13 cake pan
Gluten Free Pistachio Cake
- 1 cup Dairy Free butter, room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup Dairy Free sour cream
- ¾ cup oat milk
- 1 ½ cup pistachio flour
- 2 cups Gluten Free 1.1 flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
Pistachio Tres Leches Cake
- 1 can sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1 can evaporated coconut milk
- 1 can coconut cream
- Dairy Free whipped cream for serving.
Gluten Free Pistachio Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spay a 9x13 cake pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl add the sugar and Dairy Free butter. Beat for 3 minutes until light and airy and the sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Mix in the eggs, oat milk, and sour cream.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until just combined. Don't over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 30-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
Dairy Free Tres Leches Cake
- Add all three cans of coconut milks to a bowl and mix well to thoroughly combine.
- To assemble, you will need a casserole dish that is 3" deeper than your baking dish.
- Cut your cake in half and place the first half into the casserole dish. Using a skewer or fork poke holes throughout the entire cake.
- Pour half of your milk mixture over the cake. Stack the second half on top and repeat the process of poking holes and pouring the remaining milk.
- Cover and allow to chill at least 6 hours. Serve with dairy free whipped cream. Enjoy!