Is there anything more cheerful and happy than a towering stack of pancakes? Gluten and Dairy Free Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes are a fun take on a classic flavor combination.
Pancakes are the right answer any time of day. There can never be enough fun spins on this breakfast favorite, like Gluten and Dairy Free Decadent Tiramisu Pancakes. These colorful and fun pancakes will become a brunch favorite and breakfast for dinner go to.
Not only are Gluten and Dairy Free Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes delicious, they're also easy to prepare. Using a pantry staple, these are perfect for any day of the week.
- Pancake Mix - Using a Gluten Free pancake mix makes these over-the-top pancakes easy. Josie's Best The Pancake not only is Gluten Free, but also free of the top nine allergens.
- Strawberry Flavoring - Adds both beautiful pink color and also a burst of fresh sweet strawberry flavor.
- Vanilla - Vanilla gives these pancakes that homemade flavor adding depth, a slightly floral note, and cozy bite.
- Powdered Sugar - Dissolves easily for a creamy, luxurious, silky frosting.
- Dairy Free Cream Cheese - Adds tanginess to the glaze and delivers on the perfect strawberries and cream flavor.
- Gluten Free Graham Crackers - Gives a little sweetness and also crunch to this stack of pancakes.
- Fresh Strawberries - Adds a burst of fresh flavor and texture in every bite.
How to Make Gluten and Dairy Free Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
Using a store-bought pancake mix helps make these pancakes easy and accessible any day of the week!
Time needed: 30 minutes.
These festive and cheery pancakes are sure to become a brunch time favorite!
Preheat your griddle or skillet.
Mix your pancakes according to the package directions. Add in the strawberry flavoring and one teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Make your pancakes. Pour your batter onto the hot griddle. Allow the first side to cook for 3-5 minutes. You will see bubbles begin to form. Flip them and allow the second side to cook another 3-5 minutes. Continue with the rest of your batter.
Mix together your cream cheese, powdered sugar, and remaining vanilla until smooth, silky, and creamy.
To build your stack of Gluten and Dairy Free Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes, spread some of the cream cheese frosting on a pancake. Add sliced strawberries and sprinkle on crushed graham crackers. Continue until you've reached your desired stack. Garnish with Dairy Free whipped cream if desired.
If you don't have strawberry flavoring, this same recipe can be made with two tablespoons of strawberry jam. Warm the jam in the microwave to make it easy to mix into your pancake batter.
While this recipe is both Gluten Free and Dairy Free, the same recipe can be made with your favorite dairy products and pancake mix.
Top Tip for Gluten and Dairy Free Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
When it comes to making pancakes, always make sure your griddle or skillet is fully heated before adding your batter. This will allow the pancakes to cook and develop that golden brown exterior. Don't rush the cooking process and flip them too early. Always wait for those first bubble to appear before flipping them.
Gluten and Dairy Free Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Griddle
- 1 cup Gluten Free pancake mix, plus ingredients to prepare
- 1 tbsp strawberry flavoring can substitute with 2 tbsp strawberry jam
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 8 oz Dairy Free cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup Gluten Free graham crackers, crushed
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- Dairy Free whipped cream, optional
- Preheat your skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Mix your pancake mix according to the package directions, with the addition of the strawberry flavoring or jam and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Make your pancakes. Add the batter to the heated griddle. Allow the first side to cook for 3-5 minutes until bubbles just begin to form.
- Flip them and cook the second side another 3-5 minutes.
- Mix together your cream cheese, powdered sugar, and remaining teaspoon of vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
- To build your pancakes spread a layer of cream cheese frosting on a pancake. Add fresh strawberries and a sprinkle of graham crackers. Continue with remaining pancakes.
- Garnish with whipped cream if desired.