Is there anything more fun than a fully loaded stack of pancakes? They instantly take any morning and suddenly turn it into an event! These Gluten and Dairy Free Decadent Tiramisu Pancakes are the perfect way to make any day a little more special.
I love pancakes. They're such a fun canvas to play with. I also love using a pantry staple that allows me to spend time enjoying my pillowy stack with loved ones, and not in the kitchen mixing all day.
The Power of Pantry Staples
Why just get out the syrup when you can make Gluten and Dairy Free Decadent Tiramisu Pancakes? With just a few ingredients pancakes get transformed into something truly spectacular.
Part of what makes creating pancakes so much fun is starting with a favorite pancake mix. If you've followed me for awhile, you know I take pancakes very seriously. They were actually the first things I made in our new house after driving from Florida to North Carolina.
My favorite mix to use is Josie's Best The Pancake. Pancakes are all about texture, and Josie's Best delivers that pillowy, airy bite flanked in a golden crust. They just so happen to also be certified Gluten Free. They're also top 8 allergen free meaning they have no dairy, tree nuts, eggs, soy, or peanuts.
The first layer of tiramisu flavor starts in the pancakes themselves. Tiramisu extract or coffee extract give depth to Gluten and Dairy Free Decadent Tiramisu Pancakes.
With the perfect pancakes offering up the canvas, it's all about the creamy, dreamy tiramisu. Dairy Free ricotta is whipped until fluffy with and layered between the pancakes. And you can't have tiramisu without a little snow flurry of chocolate shavings and cocoa powder!
Stackig Up Gluten and Dairy Free Decadent Tiramisu Pancakes
Get your coffee brewing or pop the bubbly because these pancakes are going to give you the full brunch at home experience.
- Mix together your tiramisu filling until creamy and fluffy. Simply combine Dairy Free ricotta and powdered sugar.
- Mix your favorite Gluten Free pancake batter according to the package directions with three additions, sugar, tiramisu extract, and baking powder.
- Make sure your skillet or griddle is fully heated on medium before adding your pancake batter.
- Make your pancakes like you normally would, watching for bubbles to form before flipping.
- To build your towering stack of tiramisu pancakes layer your pancakes with the ricotta mixture and garnish with Dairy Free chocolate shavings and cocoa powder.
Are you looking for more pancake inspiration? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Turtle Sundae Brownie Pancakes. Now let's get cooking!
Gluten and Dairy Free Decadent Tiramisu Pancakes
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1 large skillet or griddle
- 1 cup Gluten Free pancake mix, plus ingredients to prepare
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp tiramisu extract can substitute with coffee extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 8 oz Dairy Free ricotta
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- cocoa powder and grated Dairy Free chocolate for serving
- Prepare your pancakes according to the package directions with the addition of the extract, sugar, and baking powder.
- Preheat your skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add Dairy Free butter.
- Add your batter to the heated skillet, allowing the first side to cook for 2-3 minutes before flipping. When you see bubbles begin to form, flip them and cook the second side 2-3 minutes.
- Mix the Dairy Free ricotta and powdered sugar together on high until smooth and fluffy.
- To build your pancakes spread some of the ricotta mixture between each pancake layer. Top with cocoa powder and grated chocolate. Enjoy!