Can we all agree that peanut butter just makes everything better? Even if it's just a spoon straight from the jar. Add in the nostalgia of a classic chocolate cream cookie and you have the makings of a great love story. This Gluten and Dairy Free Oreo Peanut Butter Pie is sure to become an instant favorite.
There are just some flavors that belong together, and are better together. Chocolate and peanut butter are at the top of the list. This fun and over the top dessert is the ultimate crowd pleaser, and it couldn't be easier.
Love at First Bite
There's something to be said about no-bake desserts. They're fun and easy, and ideal for everything from a Sunday dinner to a backyard barbecue. This Gluten and Dairy Free Oreo Peanut Butter Pie is a delicious addition to your favorite no-bake desserts.
There's something about taking the first bite of a sweet confection and getting an explosion of flavors and textures. Creamy, silky, crunchy, and oh so decadent, that first bite demands a second.
This dessert is all about layers. The crust starts with your favorite Gluten Free crushed chocolate sandwich cookies. For this recipe I am using Goodie Girl Chocolate Creme Cookies. These cookies are both Gluten and Dairy Free and made without any artificial preservatives or high-fructose corn syrup.
The next layer combines the tangy bite of Dairy Free cream cheese with irresistible peanut butter. The only thing better than peanut butter straight from the jar is peanut butter combined with cream cheese for that ultimate silky, creamy bite.
What goes better with peanut butter than chocolate? The next layer is your favorite brand of instant chocolate pudding. And of course every pie needs a cloud of pillowy whipped topping!
Gluten and Dairy Free Oreo Peanut Butter Pie, Easy as 1-2-3
No need to turn on the oven with this decadent dessert! With just a couple of easy steps and tips you will be digging into this over the top delicious treat.
- While this recipe is written to be Gluten and Dairy Free you can easily substitute any of the ingredients to include your favorite products.
- Crush your chocolate cream cookies and spread them in the bottom of a 7x10 baking dish.
- Pour melted Dairy Free butter over the crushed cookies and press down. You can use the bottom of a measuring cup for this.
- Make sure your Dairy Free cream cheese is room temperature. Mix together the cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and oat milk.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture over the cookie crust.
- Mix the chocolate pudding according to package directions, cutting back ½ cup of milk. When using Dairy Free milk to make pudding make sure you put your mixer on high to help it set.
- Spread the chocolate pudding over the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with your favorite Dairy Free whipped topping.
- Gluten and Dairy Free Oreo Peanut Butter Pie is one of those desserts that just gets better the longer it sits. You can make this the day before you're serving it.
How to Make this Recipe Nut Free
With so many allergens and food sensitivities, I am always looking for ways to make my recipes accessible to everyone. If you or one of your friends or family have a tree nut allergy, the peanut butter in this recipe can be replaced with sunflower seed butter.
In addition to providing its own unique flavor that is a great swap for peanut butter, sunflower seed butter also offers up additional nutrients. It's rich in protein, vitamin E, fiber, zinc, and iron.
Are you looking for more no bake recipe inspiration? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten and Dairy Free Funfetti Pie. Now let's make some dessert!
Gluten and Dairy Free Oreo Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 7"x10" baking dish
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1 Mixer
- 3 cups Gluten Free chocolate creme cookies, crushed
- 4 tbsp Dairy Free butter, melted
- 16 oz Dairy Free cream cheese, room temperature
- 5.9 oz instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup oat milk
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz Dairy Free whipped topping
- Spread the crushed chocolate creme cookies onto the bottom of a 7x10 baking dish.
- Pour the melted Dairy Free butter over the top of the cookies. Press down. You can use the bottom of a measuring cup for this.
- In a separate bowl mix together the cream cheese, oat milk, peanut butter, and powdered sugar until creamy and smooth. Spread over the top of the cookie crust.
- Prepare the chocolate pudding according to package directions, reducing the milk by ½ cup. When using Dairy Free milk make sure to mix on high to help it set.
- Pour the chocolate pudding over the peanut butter layer and spread out.
- Top with whipped topping.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and crushed chocolate creme cookies if desired.
5 stars isn't enough for this recipe. It's a 10/10 with my family! I've made this many times and it super easy to whip up when something sweet is needed. I've started to keep GF sandwich cookies and instant pudding in my pantry for whenever the mood strikes.