As much as I love elegant and elevated desserts like Gluten and Dairy Free Cream Puff "Crack Buns" I also love having desserts that are as easy as they are delicious. This Gluten and Dairy Free No Bake Snickers Cheesecake is perfect for any occasion and a great make ahead dessert.
What is your favorite candy bar? There's just something irresistible about the flavors and texture of a Snickers bar. This decadent dessert gives you all of that and more. The best part is you can eat it by the spoonful.
Ooey Gooey Delicious
When I think of Snickers bars, the first thing that comes to mind is that drippy caramel pull. This Gluten and Dairy Free No Bake Snickers Cheesecake delivers on that molten layer of caramel with the bonus of not getting sticky fingers.
Snickers bars are all about the layers. You get the creamy nougat, silky caramel, crunchy peanuts, and velvety chocolate.
This no bake cheesecake delivers on all of those flavors and textures creating a fun and crowd pleasing confection. This dessert is as at home for a birthday party as it is a backyard barbecue. It has a little something for everything.
The cheesecake layer combines Dairy Free cream cheese with Dairy Free heavy cream for a smooth luxurious texture. Peanut butter is added echoing the flavor of the crunchy peanuts.
Making the caramel for the sticky layer couldn't be easier. You only need three ingredients, Dairy Free sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and brown sugar. The already sticky and viscous sweetened condensed milk simmers into something magical. I promise you, when you sink your spoon into this and pull away, there will be that string of caramel.
Feel free to use your favorite Dairy Free chocolate for the chocolate portion. If you like dark chocolate, go with that. Semi sweet? That works as well. Have fun with it!
How to Make this Recipe Nut Free
With so many allergens and food sensitivities, I am always looking for ways to make my recipes accessible to everyone. If you or one of your friends or family have a tree nut allergy, the peanut butter in this recipe can be replaced with sunflower seed butter.
In addition to providing its own unique flavor that is a great swap for peanut butter, sunflower seed butter also offers up additional nutrients. It's rich in protein, vitamin E, fiber, zinc, and iron.
Easy Street with Gluten and Dairy Free No Bake Snickers Cheesecake
This no bake treat couldn't be easier. Which just a little mixing and simmering you will be on your way to serving up this fun and scrumptious dessert.
- Make sure your Dairy Free cream cheese is at room temperature. This will allow you to mix everything together smoothly without any lumps.
- Allow the cheesecake portion to chill in a 9x9 baking dish while you prepare the next layer.
- Add your three ingredients for the caramel layer to a pot and allow to cook on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. As it cooks it will become smooth, the color will change to a golden caramel, and it will thicken.
- Remove the cheesecake layer from the fridge and pour over the caramel. It's okay if it's still a little warm.
- Sprinkle your peanuts over the caramel.
- To make the chocolate layer for your Gluten and Dairy Free No Bake Snickers Cheesecake, make sure your chocolate is finely chopped. The Dairy Free heavy cream is heated in the microwave so when you pour the hot cream into the chocolate it will quickly melt. Keep stirring until it's smooth.
- Garnish with extra peanuts if desired. You can never have too much crunch!
Are you looking for more no bake recipes? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten and Dairy Free Funfetti Cookie Pie. Now let's have some fun in the kitchen!
Gluten and Dairy Free No Bake Snickers Cheesecake
- 9x9 baking dish
- Mixing Bowl
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Layer
- 16 oz Dairy Free cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup Dairy Free heavy cream
- 11 oz Dairy Free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups peanuts, plus extra for garnish
- 1 cup Dairy Free chocolate, finly shaved or chopped
- ½ cup Dairy Free heavy cream
Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Mix all of the ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Spread cheesecake layer into a 9x9 casserole dish. Allow to refrigerate while you prepare the other layers.
- Add all of the ingredients to a saucepan on medium-low heat. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is smooth and turns a golden caramel color.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour over the top of the cheesecake layer. Top the caramel with the peanuts.
- Add the chocolate pieces to a bowl.
- Heat the heavy cream in the microwave or on the stove until hot, but not boiling.
- Pour the warm cream over the chocolate and stir continuously until it's melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate over the peanut and caramel layers.
- Garnish with extra peanuts if desired.
- All to set up in the refrigerator.