Is there anything better than pizza night? With the help of a few pantry staples pizza night at home has never been easier or more delicious than it is with this Gluten and Dairy Free Italian Sausage Pizza.
There’s just something so fun about homemade pizza. From crafting the perfect crust to playing with toppings, the creation is always as much of an event as eating the pizza.
What night was pizza night in your house growing up? Friday nights and pizza nights just seem to go hand in hand. This Gluten and Dairy Free Italian Sausage Pizza will have you stamping a save the date every week.
All of Outside Table’s products are a staple in my everyday cooking. I love that they’re so fresh tasting. They’re certified organic and free of artificial ingredients and flavors.
Pizza Thyme is that herbaceous fresh pop that makes your pizza crust shine. It adds a little peppery heat. The Pizza Night sauce gives that flavorful tomato base that is both tangy and savory.
With a homemade dough baked in a cast iron skillet for that crispy on the outside and tender inside crust, it doesn’t take much to make this pizza shine. Use your favorite combination of Dairy Free cheeses for this. I used a Dairy Free mozzarella and parmesan mix. You can also use sweet Italian sausage or spicy Italian sausage. Feel free to substitute with turkey sausage as well.
Pizza Night at Home with Gluten and Dairy Free Italian Sausage Pizza
The most difficult part of making this pizza is deciding what beverage to pair with it. I will walk you through step by step.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Lightly oil a 10″-12″ cast iron skillet with olive oil.
- Add a packet of instant yeast, sugar, and warm water to a mixing bowl. Allow it to sit for five minutes until it becomes foamy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the pizza crust to the bowl. Using either a dough hook or paddle attachment mix the dough for 1-2 minutes until it just begins to form and come together.
- Sprinkle the dough with flour and allow it to rest covered for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle a little cornmeal into your greased skillet. Use your hands to press the pizza crust out into the pan.
- Brush your dough with olive oil and sprinkle on the Pizza Thyme.
- Bake your dough for 8 minutes. You are just par baking it.
- Spread the Pizza Night sauce onto the partially cooked dough. Top with sausage and cheese.
- Bake the pizza for an additional 8-12 minutes until the dough is a beautiful golden brown.
Are you looking for more fun and easy recipes? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Roasted Barbecue Chicken and Vegetables. Now let’s get cooking!
Gluten and Dairy Free Italian Sausage Pizza
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 mixer with dough hook attachment or paddle attachment
- 1 10"-12" cast iron skillet
Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- 2 cups Gluten Free 1.1 flour
- 1 pk instant yeast 1/4 oz
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup warm water between 110-120 degrees
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Rub a 10"-12" cast iron skillet with olive oil and set aside.
- Add the yeast, sugar, and warm water to a mixing bowl and allow it to sit for 5 minutes until it's foamy.
- Add the remaining dough ingredients to the bowl and with a dough hook or paddle attachment mix for approximately 1-2 minutes until it just comes together.
- Sprinkle flour over the dough ball and cover it, allowing it to sit for 10 minutes.
- Use your hands to spread the dough out into the oiled cast iron skillet.
- Brush the olive oil over the dough and sprinkle on the Pizza Thyme.
- Parbake for 8 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven.
- Spread on the Pizza Night sauce. Sprinkle on the sausage and cheese.
- Bake for another 8-12 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- Slice and enjoy!