When it comes to weeknight dinners, I love easy one pan dishes. There's something nice about being able to toss everything into one baking dish and not having to worry about anything else. Bonus points for less dishes! This Gluten Free Roasted Barbecue Chicken and Vegetables is the perfect weeknight meal.
Some meals just immediately feel like comfort food. There's something about the way roasted chicken and vegetables perfume the air that makes everything feel a little cozier. With just a handful of fresh ingredients and less than an hour you will have this colorful and delicious meal on the table.
Fresh in a Hurry
Healthy and fresh meals shouldn't be complicated. Gluten Free Roasted Barbecue Chicken and Vegetables requires just a little chopping at the start, and then it's set it and forget it.
We have had a couple of weekends of snow. It might be too cold outside to fire up the grill, but I can still serve up the smoky, sweet, and savory flavors of barbecue. When you have favorite pantry staples it makes throwing meals like this together easy.
Outside Table's certified organic small batch products are perfect for bringing the all day low and slow flavor of barbecue indoors. Their artisanal sauces and spice blends are Gluten Free. They're also free of Dairy, soy, and non-GMO.
For this recipe I am using both their Weekend BBQ Seasoning and their Saturday Sweet BBQ Sauce. I love this combination of flavors. They're savory, a little spicy, and a touch smoky from organic chipotle.
Adding to the one dish ease of this is a bounty of vegetables. Sweet potatoes, sassy parsnips, and poppable Brussels sprouts add not only their own personality and flavor, but are the ultimate canvas to luxuriate in the drippings and juices of the chicken.
Dinner in a Hurry with Gluten Free Roasted Barbecue Chicken and Vegetables
Get out your cutting board because that's about all you're going to need for this easy and delicious meal.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. This dish roasts at a high temperature so you get that balance of crispy skin, but juicy meat.
- Cut your Brussels sprouts, sweet potato, and parsnips into fairly even sizes. This will allow them all to cook to an even doneness.
- Add olive oil to your baking dish and your vegetables. Season thems with the Weekend BBQ seasoning and salt and toss to combine and coat.
- Place your chicken on top of the vegetables. Season with a little salt and Weekend BBQ.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until the skin is crispy.
- Brush the Saturday Sweet BBQ Sauce on the chicken and bake for another 10-15 minutes until the barbecue sauce sets and the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees.
Are you looking for more easy weeknight recipes? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten and Dairy Free Chicken Cordon Bleu. Now let's get cooking!
Gluten Free Roasted Barbecue Chicken and Vegetables
- Baking Dish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the vegetables, olive oil, Weekend BBQ seasoning, and salt to the baking dish and toss to combine.
- Place the chicken on top of the vegetables. Sprinkle a little salt and Weekend BBQ on the chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- At the 25-minute mark brush the barbecue sauce on the chicken and bake for another 10-15 minutes. The internal temperature should be 165 and the veggies tender.