The holiday season is here and with it all of the dazzling sweet treats. Wow your friends and family with this elegant Gluten and Dairy Free Fig Pistachio Galette. Sweet, fresh, and decadent, it couldn’t be easier.
Figs are one of my favorite ingredients, in savory dishes, such as Gluten Free Bacon Jam Chicken Flatbread with Figs. This easy and delicious galette celebrates the honey-nectar flavor of this beautiful seasonal fruit.
Gluten and Dairy Free Fig Pistachio Galette will have your family thinking you spent all day in the kitchen. Not only is this rustic pie easy to make, it’s also easy to shop for requiring only a handful of ingredients.
- Gluten Free Pie Crust – You can use your favorite recipe or take the help of the grocery store and purchase Gluten Free pie dough. Cup4Cup Gluten-Free Pie Crust Mix is my favorite. Created in Thomas Keller’s famed French Laundry, it is chef-developed. Gluten Free and Dairy Free, they have a full line of flour and baking mixes.
- Pistachio Butter – Creates the perfect rich, creamy base for the figs. Make sure to check the ingredients as some may be labeled as pistachio cream and have milk powder in them.
- Fresh Figs – The star of this galette! You want to pick figs that are ripe but still a little firm. Their natural sweetness will intensify as they bake.
- Vanilla Sugar – Javamelts French Vanilla Sugar is made with pure cane sugar and all natural ingredients. It doesn’t contain any artificial flavorings. It can be used in any recipe that calls for sugar. In addition, it’s also delicious in coffee, tea, and specialty cocktails. This vanilla sugar gives a little sweetness to the crust.
- Egg Wash – Combine an egg with two tablespoons of water to give you crust a glossy finish.
How to Make Gluten and Dairy Free Pistachio Galette
Using a storebought pie crust or mix makes this elegant dessert easy to create. Whether you’re an experienced baker making your own crust or not that experienced in the kitchen, this dessert is sure to become a favorite. Combining seasonal ingredients with just the right accents, it couldn’t be any more effortless.
Time needed: 1 hour and 40 minutes
This rustic pie is sure to be the star of any holiday table.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In Crust We Trust
Roll out your prepared pie crust.
Spread the pistachio butter over your crust but leave a two-inch boarder.
Arrange the figs over the top of the pistachio butter.
Fold the two-inch boarder over onto the figs. Whisk together the egg and water and brush the egg wash over the crust. Sprinkle the vanilla sugar over the egg wash.
Bake the galette for 45-55 minutes or until the crust is lightly golden brown.
Allow the fig galette to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
This recipe is made with a Gluten Free pie crust. However, you can use your favorite storebought pie crust or recipe that is non-Gluten Free.
Unlike other types of pie, this free formed crust doesn’t require a pie dish. All you need is a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Parchment paper prevents the pie crust from sticking to the baking sheet while also helping it evenly brown. It also makes for easy removal from the pan and easy clean up.
This rustic tart is so irresistible it won’t last long! However, it can be kept for 2-3 days. Keep it stored in an airtight container either at room temperature or in the refrigerator. You can always gently reheat it in the oven on a low temperature for a few minutes.
Top Tip for Gluten and Dairy Free Fig Pistachio Galette
Because figs are 80% water, they have a very short shelf life. To keep your figs fresh, make sure that they are thoroughly dry. You can either store them in an airtight container or plastic bag in a cool, dry, dark place, or in the refrigerator. The average life for a fig is only about three days, so plan on baking to show off those gorgeous figs!
Gluten and Dairy Free Fig Pistachio Galette
- 1 Baking Sheet
- 1 Rolling Pin
- Parchment paper
- 1 Gluten Free pie crust, prepared
- 1/4 cup pistacio butter
- 2 cups figs
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar regular sugar can be substituted
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the pie crust.
- Spread the pistachio butter over the pie crust, leaving a 2" boarder.
- Arrange the sliced figs on top of the pistachio butter.
- Fold the crust over onto the figs.
- Whisk together the egg and water. Brush the egg wash over the crust.
- Sprinkle the vanilla sugar over the crust.
- Bake the galette for 45-55 minutes or until it is lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!