The stockings are hung, the gifts are wrap, and Christmas morning is just around the corner. What better way to celebrate the season than with a cozy breakfast casserole? Gluten and Dairy Free Eggnog French Toast Casserole is sure to become a new family tradition.
There’s something about a warm and hearty breakfast that instantly draws friends and family to the table, such as Gluten Free Blackberry French Toast Casserole. Whether you’re hosting a holiday brunch or just want to make your weekend a little more special, this easy and delicious breakfast recipe will be a star.
It’s the season of all things eggnog, including this Gluten and Dairy Free Eggnog French Toast Casserole. Combining the rich and warm flavors of eggnog with a bread pudding like dish, this recipe is as easy to shop for as it is to make.
- Eggs – The base of the custard for this French toast bake starts with eggs.
- Dairy Free Eggnog – Use your favorite Dairy Free eggnog for this recipe. I used Califia Farms Holiday Nog. Not only is it Dairy Free being almond milk based but it’s also free of soy, and gluten while being completely vegan.
- Cinnamon – Adds warmth to this breakfast casserole and a whisper of spice.
- Nutmeg – In combination with the cinnamon gives depth and warmth to every bite.
- Vanilla Extract – The better the quality the vanilla extract, the more pronounced the flavor will be.
- Sugar – Helps create the custard base for the French toast while giving a little sweetness.
- Gluten Free Sweet Rolls – Canyon Bakehouse Brioche-Style Sweet Rolls make the perfect base for this French toast casserole. Not only are they Gluten Free but they’re also free of dairy, nuts, and soy and 100% whole grain.
How to Make Gluten and Dairy Free Eggnog French Toast Casserole
Not only is this French toast bake easy and delicious, but it’s also a great make ahead. Prepare everything the night before and pop in in the oven before your family comes down for breakfast.
Time needed: 4 hours and 45 minutes
Rich eggnog and the warm spices of the season make this French toast casserole extra decadent and special.
This recipe fits a 9×13″ baking dish. Spray it with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
Cube up your rolls and scatter them into the prepared baking dish.
Whisk together your eggs, eggnog, spices, and sugar until combined to make your custard. Pour the custard over the bread cubes.
Cover the baking dish and allow it to refrigerate for at least four hours or even overnight.
Preheat your oven. Allow it to bake for 40 minutes or until it is golden brown.
Drizzle on the maple syrup and enjoy!
This recipe is completely Dairy Free and Gluten Free. However you can replace both the eggnog in this recipe for traditional eggnog and also use regular sweet rolls.
Not only is this breakfast casserole a great make ahead, but you want it to refrigerate at least four hours before baking so the custard can absorb into the bread. Feel free to make this the night before and then bake the morning of. Once this is baked it’s simple to reheat in the oven on a low setting. Keep it covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days…if it lasts that long!
Top Tip for Gluten and Dairy Free Eggnog French Toast Casserole
This French toast bake is all about the texture. Allowing the custard to absorb into the bread for at least four hours not only will give this the most decadent texture but also allows the flavors to fully develop, transforming the bread.
Gluten and Dairy Free Eggnog French Toast Casserole
- 1 9×13 baking dish
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups Dairy Free eggnog
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 12 Gluten Free sweet rolls cubed, approximately 8 cups
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Cube up your sweet rolls and add to the prepared baking dish.
- Add the eggs, eggnog, sugar, and spices to a bowl and whisk together.
- Pour the custard over the top of the bread.
- Cover the baking dish and allow it to refrigerate for at least 4 hours up to overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the eggnog French toast casserole for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup and enjoy!