Halloween is just around the corner and what better way to celebrate than with an ode to a candy favorite? Whether you're team left side or right, Gluten and Dairy Free Decadent Twix Cookies are a crowd favorite.
Caramel and chocolate just belong together, like Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Caramel Rice Krispie Treats. That combination of sticky caramel and molten chocolate is truly a dynamic duo.
With just a few simple ingredients and pantry staples, Gluten and Dairy Free Decadent Twix Cookies comes together with ease. Whether you're looking for a sweet treat the entire family can enjoy or the perfect cookie to put out at your next party, this are sure to become a favorite.
- Dairy Free Butter - Helps make these cookies soft, tender, and rich.
- Vanilla Extract - Adds a warm, cozy note to every bite.
- Salt - Amplifies all of the flavors while adding a slightly savory note.
- Gluten Free Flour - Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free flour makes baking both sweet and savory dishes easy.
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Dairy Free Sweetened Condensed Milk - Nature's Charm Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk is Dairy Free and soy free. As it simmers down it forms a luscious caramel for these cookies.
- Semi Sweet Chocolate - A little more bitter and less sweet than a milk chocolate, adds depth to every bite.
How to Make Gluten and Dairy Free Decadent Twix Cookies
Sticky, sweet, soft, and chewy, these easy and indulgent cookies are sure to become a new favorite.
Time needed: 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Skip the candy bar and reach for the cookie jar. The combination of chocolate and caramel gets a fun twist with these delectable confections.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
Add your sugar and Dairy Free butter to a bowl and mix for five minutes until it is light, fluffy, and airy. Mix in the eggs and vanilla until just combined. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until just incorporated, careful not to over mix.
Use a scoop to divide out equal sized cookies between the two cookie sheets. Bake for 7-10 minutes until the edges are just lightly golden brown. Allow to cool on baking racks.
Add the sweetened condensed milk to a small saucepan over medium heat. Allow it to cook for five minutes until the color has deepened to a golden blonde. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool.
Using either a double boiler or microwave, melt your chocolate.
Scoop a little of the caramel onto each cookie. Drizzle melted chocolate over the top of the caramel. Enjoy!
These cookies are Gluten Free and Dairy Free. However, you can use your favorite dairy products and flour to make this same recipe. You can also replace the semi-sweet chocolate with your favorite dark chocolate, bittersweet chocolate, or even milk chocolate.
While it will be love at first bite and these cookies won't last long, they can be store for up to a week in an airtight container.
Top Tip for Gluten and Dairy Free Decadent Twix Cookies
Using a double boiler is a great way to gently melt chocolate. When you create a double boiler, it allows you to cook or melt something at a gentle heat without worry of over cooking it. This is useful for making custards, meringues, melting chocolate, etc. The best part is you don’t need any special tools.
Armed with a pot of simmering water and a glass bowl, you can easily create a double boiler at home. The key is to make sure the water never touches the bottom of the bowl. You want the steam created from the seal to do all of the work.
Gluten and Dairy Free Decadent Twix Cookies
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 2 baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- 1 scoop
- 1 Double boiler
- 1 cup Dairy Free butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cups Gluten Free 1.1 flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 can Dairy Free sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add your butter and sugar to a bowl and mix on high for five minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Mix in your vanilla and eggs.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Use a scoop to portion out the cookies between the two cookie sheets.
- Bake your cookies for 7-10 minutes until the edges are just golden.
- Remove from the trays and allow to cool completely on baking racks.
- While the cookies are cooling add the sweetened condensed milk to a saucepan over medium heat. Allow it to cook for 5 minutes until lightly golden blond. Let cool.
- Use a double boiler or microwave to melt the chocolate.
- Scoop a small amount of the caramel into the center of each cooled cookie.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the caramel filled cookies.