Just imagine, chocolate covered strawberries sitting on a silky, creamy bed of cheesecake. Dreams do come true with this Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Strawberry Pie.
As much as I love baking elaborate desserts, I also love sharing fun and easy no-bake recipes such as this. This is perfect way to use any leftover chocolate chip cookies you might have made, but also a great way to give new life to your favorite Gluten Free and Dairy Free store bought cookies.
Layers of Flavor
Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Strawberry Pie is all about building layers of both flavor, and texture. Crunchy, creamy, silky, sweet, tangy, tart. Everything melds for the perfect bite.
The first layer of this delectable dessert begins with the crust. We're keeping the cookies classic and going with chocolate chip. If you're looking for an easy recipe for this, my Ultimate Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies are great choice. Dairy Free butter is poured over the crushed cookies to help form the crust.
Tangy, creamy, decadent Dairy Free cream cheese is the base of the next layer. Combined with Dairy Free whipped cream, it creates that fluffy cloudlike texture that will have you going back for bite after bite.
Next up it's all about the strawberries. Tying it all together is strawberry jello. For this recipe I am using Simply Delish strawberry jel. Fresh strawberries bring that bright taste of sunshine and summer.
Dessert Made Easy with Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Strawberry Pie
Skip heating up the kitchen by turning on the oven. This totally no-bake treat couldn't be easier.
- Crumble your chocolate chip cookies. You want three cups. Add the crushed cookies to the bottom of your 9x13 casserole dish. Pour melted Dairy Free butter over the top.
- Make sure your Dairy Free cream cheese is at room temperature. This will allow it to mix easily and be creamy, dreamy, and lump free. Mix the cream cheese with vanilla extract, and powdered sugar.
- Gently fold in your whipped topping. Spread the cream cheese layer on top of the cookie crust and allow it to chill in the refrigerator while you make the strawberry layer.
- Prepare the jello according to the package directions. Allow it to partially set up in the refrigerator.
- Once the jello has partially set fold in the fresh sliced strawberries. Spread the strawberry mixture on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Allow your Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Strawberry Pie to set up for at least an hour in the fridge. You can also make this the day before.
- I made this recipe with all Gluten Free and Dairy Free products but you can easily swap everything for Dairy and Gluten products.
Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Strawberry Pie
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1 9x13 baking dish
- 3 cups Gluten and Dairy Free chocolate chip cookies
- 4 tbsp Dairy Free butter, melted
- 16 oz Dairy Free cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz Dairy Free whipped cream
- 3 oz strawberry jello
- 1 lbs strawberries sliced
- Crumble the chocolate chip cookies into the bottom of your baking dish.
- Pour the melted Dairy Free butter over the cookies. Mix and pat down slightly to form the bottom crust.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix until creamy and smooth.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Spread the cream cheese layer over the top of the cookie crust.
- Place in the refrigerator to set up.
- Mix the strawberry jello according to the package directions.
- Place the bowl in the fridge and allow it to partially set up.
- Once the jello is partially set mix in the fresh strawberries.
- Pour the strawberry mixture over the top of the cream cheese layer.
- Allow the pie to refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.