Oh sweet s’mores, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways! Can there ever be enough s’mores recipes? Gluten and Dairy Free Caramel S’mores Puppy Chow is just the snackable s’mores treat you need in your life.
By now it should be pretty evident I have a love affair with all things s’mores. Between the play of flavors with the chocolate, toasted marshmallows, and graham crackers, and also just how happy and fun they are, they’ve led me to create different variations and dishes I can give the total s’mores razzle dazzle. This might just be my new favorite.
What do you get when you combine the ultimate flavor combination with the perfect snack? The makings of a total snack attack. Gluten and Dairy Free Caramel S’mores Puppy Chow is so good, you might want to double the recipe.
When it comes to creating recipes sometimes it’s an ingredient or new product that guides me. The inspiration for this recipe started with Spiceology’s S’mores blend. That first finger dip immediately reminded me of the molten sticky chocolate, warm buttery graham crackers, and toasted sweet marshmallows. This blend would be amazing on popcorn…but we’re making puppy chow.
Puppy chow is to the sweet world what Chex Mix is to the savory. With a canvas of Gluten Free cereal, the sky, or toppings is really the limit.
For this recipe we’re using Cinnamon Chex. Think of it as your cinnamon graham cracker base. Dairy Free chocolate chips and Dairy Free sweetened condensed milk are melted together to create that ooey-gooey, luxurious sticky sauce. All good things start with sweetened condensed milk.
A shake in powdered sugar and the s’mores blend finishes it off. Except for the crowning glory of any and all s’mores…the marshmallows. In this case we’re using mini marshmallows. Feel free to measure them with your heart.
Ooey Gooey Gluten and Dairy Free Caramel S’mores Puppy Chow
This recipe couldn’t be easier. There’s not even any need to turn on your oven. Just get out your favorite mixing bowl and in just a few minutes you will be on your way to total snack bliss.
- Add half of your chocolate chips and your can of Dairy Free sweetened condensed milk to a large microwave safe bowl.
- Working in intervals microwave the mixture, stirring in between, until the chocolate is melted.
- Add the cereal and toss lightly to combine.
- Allow the cereal mixture to cool for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the s’mores seasoning and powdered sugar. Toss to thoroughly coat each piece of cereal in the mix.
- Add the remaining chocolate chips and marshmallows and stir to combine.
- Make sure to save enough for yourself. This won’t last long.
Are you looking for more fun s’mores inspiration? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free S’mores Revel Bars with Rolled Oats. Now let’s get our s’mores on!
Gluten and Dairy Free Caramel S’mores Puppy Chow
- 1 large microwave safe mixing bowl
- 12 oz Chex Cinnamon cereal
- 2 cups Dairy Free dark chocolate chips divided
- 11.25 oz Dairy Free sweetened condended option
- 2 cups mini marshmallow
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp s'mores seasoning
- Add 1 cup of the chocolate chips and the sweetened condensed milk to a large microwave safe mixing bowl.
- Working in 30 second intervals, microwave the bowl, mixing in between, until the chocolate is fully dissolved and the mixture is completely combined.
- Add the cereal to the bowl. Gently mix to combine.
- Allow the cereal to sit for 15 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar and s'mores seasoning. Stir, making sure all of the cereal is completely coated.
- Add the remaining cup of chocolate chips and the marshmallows. Stir to combine.