I love having recipes that are not only quick and easy, but also perfect for using up any leftovers. This Gluten and Dairy Free Brownie Peanut Butter Pie takes your favorite brownies and recreates them into the ultimate decadent dessert.
I know it's a strange concept, leftover brownies. This fun and quick recipe will have you making extra brownies just so you can make this pie. The best part it requires no additional baking!
Easy As Pie
I love this recipe for Gluten and Dairy Free Brownie Peanut Butter Pie both for how irresistible it is, but also for how easy. If you can break up (and sneak a few bites of) brownies, you can make this confection.
This recipe is all about layering flavors and textures. The chewy bite of a brownie crust is combined with the tangy creamy layer of peanut butter and cream cheese. Silky chocolate pudding caps it off and the cherry on top is a cloud of your favorite whipped topping. This pie has it all!
The great thing about this pie is you can use your favorite Gluten Free brownie recipe, or your favorite Gluten Free brownie mix. I love Otto's Grain-Free Classic Brownie Mix made with cassava flour. You only need three cups so have brownies the first night and make this pie for a total reinvention.
This is also one of those desserts that just gets better the longer it sits, making it a great make ahead. If you bring this to a dinner party or back yard barbecue, it's sure to become the star of the show.
Gluten and Dairy Free Brownie Peanut Butter Pie, Make Ahead Wonder
Other than making your brownies ahead of time, there is no need to turn on your oven for this recipe. All you're going to need is a couple mixing bowls and your mixer. Let's take it step by step.
- Use your favorite 7x10 baking or casserole dish.
- Crumble your brownies. This recipe calls for three cups but make a little extra to top your pie. Press the crumbled brownies into the bottom of the pan.
- The peanut butter cheesecake layer comes next. Make sure your Dairy Free cheesecake is at room temperature. This will allow it to mix easily and stay creamy. Simply mix your cream cheese, peanut butter, oat milk, and powdered sugar until smooth. Top the brownie layer.
- Use your favorite Gluten Free chocolate pudding mix. Follow the package directions, but reduce the milk by ½ cup. If using Dairy Free milk such as oat milk you want to mix it on high to help it set better. Having your milk really cold also helps. Top the cheesecake layer with the chocolate pudding.
- Top your Gluten and Dairy Free Brownie Peanut Butter Pie with your favorite Dairy Free whipped topping, either homemade using coconut cream, or store bought.
- Have fun garnishing. Extra crumbled brownies and peanuts are great options.
- Either serve immediately or allow it to chill for a few hours. The choice is completely up to you!
How to Make this Recipe Nut Free
With so many allergens and food sensitivities, I am always looking for ways to make my recipes accessible to everyone. If you or one of your friends or family have a tree nut allergy, the peanut butter in this recipe can be replaced with sunflower seed butter.
In addition to providing its own unique flavor that is a great swap for peanut butter, sunflower seed butter also offers up additional nutrients. It's rich in protein, vitamin E, fiber, zinc, and iron.
Do you love brownies as much as I do? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Cookies and Cream Brownie Cupcakes. Now let's get cooking!
Gluten and Dairy Free Brownie Peanut Butter Pie
- mixing bowls
- 7x10 casserole dish
- 3 cups Gluten Free brownies, crumbled
- 16 oz Dairy Free cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup oat milk
- 5.9 oz Gluten Free instant chocolate pudding
- 8 oz Dairy Free whipped topping
- Optional, peanuts and crumbled brownies for topping
- Breakup the brownies and press lightly into the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, peanut butter, and oat milk to a bowl and mix until creamy and smooth. Pour on top of the brownie layer.
- Prepare the instant chocolate pudding according to the package directions, reducing the milk by half a cup. If using a Dairy Free alternative such as oat or almond milk make sure you beat on high to get it to set.
- Pour the chocolate pudding layer on top of the peanut butter cream cheese layer and smooth out.
- Top with the whipped topping. Garnish with brownies and peanuts if using.
I made this recipe except I used dairy products. Also used 3.9 ounce package of pudding and reduced milk by 1/2 cup because I couldn’t find a 5.9 package. Anyways, it was delicious!!!
That's great to hear! Happy you enjoyed it! Thank you so much