Cookie, cupcake, or brownie? Which are you picking? There’s no need to decide on only one with these Gluten Free Cookies and Cream Brownie Cupcakes. Bite sized and perfectly portioned, they combine all three cravings into one.
These are not your traditional cupcakes. Imagine biting into a fudgy brownie and tangy cream cheese frosting. If that isn't enough to make you excited, how about the chocolate cream cookie surprise?
First let's talk pantry staples. We've all been there when unexpected guests come over and we need something impressive to serve them. It's times like these having a favorite box mix on hand makes creating confections easy.
For these Gluten Free Cookies and Cream Brownie Cupcakes I am using a boxed brownie mix. Otto's Natural's Grain-Free Classic Brownie Mix uses cassava flour in place of other grain-based flours. This certified organic brownie mix satisfies both the chewy brownie fans, and those that go straight for the crispy edges.
Another pantry staple that comes into play for these gluten free cravable cupcakes are chocolate crème cookies. I used Goodie Girls Chocolate Creme Sandwich Cookies. These cookies are certified organic, free of high-fructose corn syrup, and don't contain any artificial preservatives. They're made with ingredients you can feel good about,
Gluten Free Cookies and Cream Brownie Cupcakes, as Easy as Mix, Fill, Frost
In just three easy steps, you will be peeling the cupcake wrapper off of these delectable treats and diving in.
First we are going to start with the brownie mix. Follow the package directions on the mix of your choice. All mixes call for different ingredients. Don't over mix, you want the ingredients just combined. One of the keys to consistently tender baked goods is not to over mix. Be gentle!
Second, the filling. You are going to add a little of the brownie batter to each cupcake liner, top with the cookie, and then add a little more brownie batter. Do not over fill! You want to make sure you leave room for the frosting.
And that brings us to the final component, the frosting. Start slow when you're beating your frosting. We've all been there with the tornado of powdered sugar on everything and no longer in the bowl. We want to eat these cupcakes, not wear them.
Now that you know how easy these Gluten Free Cookies and Cream Brownie Cupcakes are, let's get baking! Love chocolate? Check out my recipe for Banana Sheet Cake with Espresso Chocolate Ganache!
Gluten Free Cookies and Cream Brownie Cupcakes
- 2 medium mixing bowls
- Electric mixer
- Cupcake pan
- Cupcake liners
- Blender/food processor
- Prepare your brownie mix according to package directions.
- Line a cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- Preheat oven to recommended temp for your brownie mix.
- Add approximately 1 tablespoon of the brownie batter to each liner.
- Gently place a whole sandwich cookie on top of the brownie batter. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes.
- Add approximately 1 tablespoon the the top of each sandwich cookie. Don't worry about making it even as they will bake up and cover the cookie.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes, or until the brownies are just baked through. Allow to cool.
- Add 5 sandwich cookies to a blender. Blend until they resemble fine crumbs.
- Add the cream cheese, sugar, and cookie crumbs to a bowl. Mix until the sugar and crumbs are completely incorporated.
- Using a piping bag or knife, frost each cup cake. Enjoy!