Skip going out and let’s have a little fun. Gluten and Dairy Free Baked Maple Bacon Donuts are destined to become a new treat yourself favorite to make your weekend a little more special.
The only thing better than a warm cozy donut on the weekend is one fresh out of your own oven. Skip the take out and don’t bother with putting on shoes and leaving your house. Delicious donuts at home have never been easier.
High on the Hog
There is just something irresistible about that combination of sweet and savory. Gluten and Dairy Free Baked Maple Donuts give you the best of both worlds in every bite.
The combination of maple and pork is such a classic for a reason. These donuts don’t only skip the sprinkles and go straight for the bacon, they use pork as part of the dry ingredients.
Part of what makes these donuts so special is the addition of Bacon’s Heir Pork Panko. I love that Pork Panko is made with only two simple ingredients, pork rinds and salt. Not only does this aid in keeping these donuts completely Gluten Free and add incredible texture, it also adds a savory note to each and every bite. Don’t just grab one donut, you might want to take one for each hand!
Also bringing a tangy savory note as well as keeping this tender and moist is Dairy Free sour cream. An accent of cinnamon adds a little sassy spice while brown sugar bakes up to an almost caramel back note.
Donuts are as much about the toppings as the donut itself. A simple powdered sugar glaze made with maple syrup hugs all of the nooks and crannies while that promised bacon adds a little salty crunch in every bite. It’s the weekend, bacon makes everything better!
Easy Like Sunday Morning with Gluten and Dairy Free Baked Maple Bacon Donuts
Get out your donut pan and brew your coffee. These donuts come together effortlessly.
- Pregame! Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray two donut pans with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- Mix together the egg, Dairy Free milk, and Pork Panko and let it sit for 5 minutes. This will allow the Pork Panko to hydrate.
- After 5 minutes mix in the Dairy Free sour cream, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Mix in your remaining ingredients until just combined. You don’t want to over mix.
- Divide the batter among the two donut pans.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the donuts to cool for 5 minutes and then flip them out onto a cooling rack.
- To make the glaze for your Gluten and Dairy Free Baked Maple Bacon Donuts simply mix all of the ingredients together until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the top of the donuts and then sprinkle bacon to your heart’s content!
Are you looking for more donut inspiration? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten and Dairy Free Pumpkin Cider Donuts. Now let’s get baking!
Gluten and Dairy Free Baked Maple Donuts
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 2 donut pans
- 1 cup Gluten Free 1.1 flour
- 3/4 cup Pork Panko
- 1/2 cup Dairy Free milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Dairy Free sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- cooked bacon, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 donut pans with nonstick baking spray. This recipe makes 10 donuts.
- Add the milk, egg, and Pork Panko to a bowl and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the sour cream, vanilla, and oil.
- Add the remamining ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter between the 2 pans.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Flip the donuts out of the pans and allow them to cool before frsting.
- Mix all of the ingredients together until smooth and silky.
- Dip the donuts into the glaze.
- Top with crumbled bacon.