There’s something magical about taking a classic breakfast dish and transforming it into a hearty and satisfying meal. Enter Eggs Benedict Loaded Baked Potatoes, a delicious fusion that combines the comfort of loaded baked potatoes with the elegance of Eggs Benedict. This recipe is perfect for those lazy weekend mornings when you want a special breakfast that’s both easy to make and incredibly flavorful.
Why You’ll Love Eggs Benedict Loaded Baked Potatoes
- Hearty and Satisfying: These loaded baked potatoes are not your average breakfast; they are a complete, filling meal. Packed with creamy mashed potatoes, savory ham, and the richness of hollandaise sauce, it’s a satisfying dish that will keep you fueled for the day.
- Easy to Make: Despite its impressive appearance, this recipe is surprisingly easy to make. With straightforward instructions, even if you’re not a seasoned cook, you can whip up a restaurant-worthy breakfast in your own kitchen.
- Perfect for Brunch Gatherings: Impress your friends and family with this dish at your next brunch gathering. It’s a unique twist on classic brunch items, and the loaded baked potatoes add a comforting touch to the elegance of Eggs Benedict.
- Versatile Ingredients: From the creamy mashed potatoes to the flavorful hollandaise sauce, this dish is bursting with flavor. Plus, you can customize it by adding your favorite ingredients or adjusting the seasonings to suit your taste.
- Kid-Friendly: Loaded with familiar and tasty ingredients, this recipe is a hit with kids. It’s a sneaky way to incorporate some veggies (potatoes count, right?) into their breakfast without any complaints.
What You Need To Make Eggs Benedict Loaded Baked Potatoes
- Small saucepan
- Baking sheet
Ingredients You Need To Make Eggs Benedict Loaded Baked Potatoes
- Loaded Baked Potatoes
- Large Idaho potatoes
- Diced ham
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Cream cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Butter (can use dairy-free)
- Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Egg yolks
- Pinch of salt and pepper
How To Make Eggs Benedict Loaded Baked Potatoes
Poke holes in the potatoes and microwave until tender. Slice and scoop out potato flesh. Mash with cream cheese, Parmesan, chives, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Fill potato skins.
Whisk eggs and milk. In a skillet, melt butter, add diced ham and scrambled eggs. Cook until set.
Melt butter. In a blender, blend egg yolks, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Slowly pour in melted butter until sauce thickens.
Top potato skins with scrambled eggs and ham. Drizzle hollandaise sauce over the loaded baked potatoes.
Dive into the deliciousness of Eggs Benedict Loaded Baked Potatoes!
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I make these ahead of time?
While they’re best fresh, you can prepare the components separately and assemble just before serving.
Can I use a different type of cheese in the mashed potatoes?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with your favorite cheese to customize the flavor.
Is hollandaise sauce difficult to make?
Not at all! Follow the instructions, and you’ll have a velvety hollandaise sauce in no time.
Can I add vegetables to the scrambled eggs?
Yes, feel free to toss in some sautéed veggies for an extra burst of flavor and nutrients.
Eggs Benedict Loaded Baked Potatoes
- small saucepan
- Baking Sheet
- 2 large Idaho potatoes
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup diced ham
- 1 tsp chives
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz Parmesan cheese grated
- 8 tbsp butter can use dairy-free
- 1 ¼ tsp Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 egg yolks
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Poke holes in the potatoes and microwave until tender (about 5-8 minutes).
- Slice the potatoes down the center and scoop out most of the potato flesh into a bowl.
- Mash together the scooped potato with cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, chives, garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Fill the potato skins with the mashed potato mixture.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add diced ham and scrambled eggs. Cook until the eggs are set. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and set aside.
- In a blender, combine egg yolks, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Blend on high for 3 minutes.
- While the blender is running, slowly pour in the melted butter. Blend for another minute until the hollandaise sauce thickens.
- Top the filled potato skins with the cooked scrambled egg and ham mixture.
- Drizzle hollandaise sauce over the loaded baked potatoes.
- Enjoy your Eggs Benedict Loaded Baked Potatoes!
Eggs Benedict Loaded Baked Potatoes bring together the best of both worlds – the heartiness of loaded baked potatoes and the sophistication of Eggs Benedict. It’s an easy-to-make, delicious dish that adds a touch of luxury to your breakfast routine. The creamy mashed potatoes, savory ham, and velvety hollandaise sauce create a symphony of flavors that will leave you satisfied and ready to tackle the day. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or entertaining guests, this recipe is a winner, offering a delightful and unique twist on a classic breakfast favorite.