Fluffy eggs, tender potatoes, and generous chunks of savory ham make this Easy Potato Ham Crustless Quiche an instant classic. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even breakfast for dinner, this is a great one to turn a weekend into an event.
If you're looking for the perfect dish to create to use up that leftover Easter ham, or a dish to kick of your holiday weekend, this is it. Combining the fresh pop of dill with the irresistible salty bite of ham, this quiche recipe will have you wanting to pop open the bubbly. Don't forget the side of Dairy Free Buttermilk Biscuits!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Easy Process - Skip the homemade pastry dough or even rolling out frozen crust. This crustless quiche uses tender potatoes to create the perfect base for the fluffy eggs. It has everything you love about a savory breakfast all in one bite.
- Texture - Fluffy eggs, slightly crispy potatoes, chewy ham, this ham and cheese quiche has it all!
- Customizable Ingredients - You can easily adapt this recipe to be completely dairy free and use Dairy Free cheddar or leave out the cheese entirely. You can also use regular cheese making this a dish anyone can make and will love. Because the potatoes are the crust it's also naturally Gluten Free.
Looking for the perfect way to use up all of that leftover ham from the holiday? This is your answer. Combining staples like eggs with fresh ingredients like dill, this recipe uses ingredients you can easily pick up at the grocery store.
- Egg Whites - Makes the quiche extra light and airy when combined with the whole eggs.
- Fresh Dill - Adds a citrusy, fresh, and herbaceous pop.
- Potatoes - Use your favorite variety. I used Yukon gold for their buttery flavor and texture.
- Ham - Salty, savory, and meant to be measured with your heart. No judgement if you steal a couple bites as you're making this.
- Leek - Gives a mild, sweet onion flavor.
- Salt and Pepper - There's not a lot of need for seasoning when ham joins the party. Accents all of the natural flavors of the ingredients.
- Dairy Free Milk - Helps create the custard base for the quiche.
- Dairy Free Cheddar Cheese - This is optional but adds another layer of savory flavor while also slightly caramelizing the top of the quiche.
- Olive Oil
How to Make Easy Potato Ham Crustless Quiche
Make this on a Saturday and feast on it on weekend. Meaty, cheesy, and decadent, this is a fun twist on the classic quiche Lorraine.
Time needed: 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Pillowy potatoes, savory ham, and fluffy eggs make this the ultimate dish to brunch with.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a deep dish 9" pie pan with nonstick spray.
Add the eggs, egg whites, salt, pepper, and milk to a bowl and whisk to combine.
Heat a skillet over medium heat with the olive oil and then add the potatoes. Cover them and allow them to cook until they're tender. Add the ham and leeks and cook until the leeks are softened and tender.
Pour the ham and potato mixture into the prepared pie dish. Top with the dill and shredded cheese. Pour the egg custard over the top.
Let your crustless ham quiche bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the eggs are set. Allow it to briefly cool and then cut and enjoy!
This recipe is completely Dairy Free. However, you can use regular milk and cheddar cheese in this recipe. The measurements and cook time will be the same. In addition, here are some more ideas for ingredients that you can add.
- Diced Onions
- Diced Sweet Peppers
- Sauteed Mushrooms
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Diced Jalapenos
This quiche recipe calls for both whole eggs and also egg whites. If you don't want to separate your eggs, you can replace the egg whites in this recipe with six additional whole eggs for a total of a dozen eggs.
This crustless quiche is perfect for meal prep. If kept tightly covered in the refrigerator, it will keep for up to five days. To reheat it you can microwave it for around 30 seconds, reheat it in the oven on a low setting such as 250-300, or warm it up in a skillet with a lid. You can also totally enjoy this cold or at room temperature.
You will need a 9" deep dish pie dish for this recipe. You may also want to place the pie dish on a baking sheet just in case anything spills over. This will make for easy clean up.
Top Tip for Easy Potato Ham Crustless Quiche
Spill over happens, whether it's your favorite pie, cheesecake, or a savory quiche. To save yourself the headache of having to clean up the mess in your oven, you can place your pie dish on a baking sheet. This makes it a breeze to clean in case there is anything that bubbles over.
Easy Potato Ham Crustless Quiche
- 1 9" deep dish pie dish
- 1 large skillet with lid
- 6 eggs
- 16 oz egg whites can replace with 6 whole eggs
- 1 cup Dairy Free shredded cheddar, optional
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed into ¼" cubed I used Yukon gold
- 1 leek, white and light green only, cleaned and chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- ½ cup Dairy Free milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a deep dish 9" pie dish with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with the olive oil.
- Add the potatoes and cover the skillet with a lid. Allow them to cook until they're fork tender.
- Add the ham and leeks and cook until the leeks are tender. Remove from the heat.
- Add the eggs, egg whites, salt, pepper, and milk to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the potato and ham mixture into the prepared pie dish.
- Top with the dill and cheddar cheese if using.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Bake the quiche for 30-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the eggs are set.
Leave a Reply