Is there anything better than slicing into a tender a juicy thick pork chop? With the new year comes busy schedules and there is nothing better than having a one dish meal on hand. Easy One Dish Pork Chops and Root Vegetables is the easy and dependable dish that will become part of your regular meal planning.
Pork chops are a classic comfort food for a reason. Whether it's Gluten and Dairy Free Fried Pork Chops or these curry spiced chops, pork is a family favorite. With a few tips, you will be serving up juicy chops every single time!
Pork chops are a great canvas for flavor. When you start with thick cut chops it only takes a little seasoning to allow them to shine. Easy One Dish Pork Chops with Root Vegetables combines aromatic and savory spices with earthy and sweet vegetables for the perfect weeknight dinner.
- Pork Chops - You will want to pick thick cut pork chops for this recipe to ensure that they bake up juicy and don't dry out. If you use bone in pork chops the cooking time may be slightly longer.
- Carrots - Adds sweetness to the root vegetables and balances out the slightly more bitter note of the turnips.
- Rutabaga - Rutabaga's have a delicate cabbage like flavor and bring texture to every bite.
- Turnips - Mild potato flavor with a slightly bitter bite, turnips sweeten as they roast.
- Olive Oil - Helps the spices adhere to the vegetables and pork while also helping them roast.
- Kosher Salt - Enhances all of the flavors of the ingredients.
- Black Pepper - Adds a mild, earthy spice.
- Paprika - A little smoky, and a little sweet, paprika adds delicate flavor and color.
- Yellow Curry - Use your favorite variety. This aromatic combination of spices packs the warm and savory flavors of garlic and ginger.
- Onion Powder - Adds mild onion flavor without overpowering the natural flavors of the pork and root vegetables.
- Garlic Powder - Savory and a little sharp, this perfumes the entire dish.
How to Make Easy One Dish Pork Chops and Root Vegetables
Say goodbye to the days of dry and overcooked pork chops. This hearty and healthy meal comes together in a single dish while going from oven to able in less than 45 minutes.
Time needed: 40 minutes.
Spiced pork chops and root vegetables cook together in one dish for a comforting meal perfect for any night of the week.
preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Mix together your spices in a bowl.
Add your vegetables, olive oil, and half of the spice mix to a baking dish and toss so the root vegetables are thoroughly combined. Season both sides of the pork chops with the remaining spice mix and place on top of the vegetables.
- Temp Control
Turn on the Chef iQ Smart Thermometer and place it into one of the pork chops. Set the cooking time on the Chef iQ cooking app.
Allow the pork chops and root vegetables to roast for 15-25 minutes or until your desired level of doneness. Remember that the pork chops will continue to cook once they're removed from the oven.
Let your pork chops sit for at least five minutes before serving and cutting. Enjoy!
This same recipe can be made with bone-in chicken thighs, breasts, or legs. The cooking time will vary and the internal temperature for the chicken should be 165 degrees.
Having a dependable and high-quality thermometer is my number one tip for juicy pork chops every single time. Whether you're baking pork chops or putting them on the grill, being able to easily monitor the internal temperature will make it easy to pull them at the right time.
The Chef iQ Thermometer takes the guess work out of when to flip your pork chops and when to remove them from the oven, pan, or grill. It lets you know when you've reached your desired temp. This wireless, easy to clean thermometer is Wi-Fi and Bluetooth equipped. In addition, it has a 40-hour plus cook time per charge.
The leftover roasted root vegetables and roast pork chops make for delicious lunches and easy meal prep. Keep them refrigerated in an airtight container and they will keep for 3-4 days.
Top Tips for Easy One Dish Pork Chops and Root Vegetables
Aside from using a high-quality thermometer to monitor the internal temperature of your pork chops, it also helps the size of pork chops you use. When it comes to baking or roasting pork chops, always pick thick cut chops.
In addition, to make sure that your root vegetables roast evenly, cut your vegetables into fairly even sized cubes. This will allow them to become tender on the inside while still retaining some of their texture.
Easy One Dish Pork Chops and Root Vegetables
- 1 Baking Dish
- 1 Chef iQ Smart Thermometer
- 5 thick cut pork chops, 1 ½" thick
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup rutabaga, ½" cubes
- 1 cup turnips, ½" cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp yellow curry powder
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add all of the spices to a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the vegetables, olive oil, and half of the spice mix to a baking dish and toss until the root vegetables are fully coated.
- Season both sides of the pork chops and place on top of the root vegetables.
- Insert the Chef iQ Smart Thermometer into the center of a pork chop and set the cooking time on the Chef iQ app.
- Bake the pork chops for 15-25 minutes or until your desired doneness. I pull them out at 145 degrees.
- Allow the pork chops to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Leave a Reply