There are certain comfort food classics that are an instant hug for the soul. Gluten and Dairy Free Easy Fried Pork Chops are all that you crave in comfort food, perfect for any night of the week.
Fried pork chops are truly the ultimate comfort food. Crispy on the outside and oh so tender and juicy inside, all you need to add is Gluten and Dairy Free Twice Baked Potato Casserole and some green beans and you have the perfect meal.
Who says comfort food is only for weekend? Gluten and Dairy Free Easy Fried Pork Chops only takes a few pantry staples and comes together in less than 30 minutes.
- Pork Chops - Pick your favorite thick cut pork chops for this recipe, such as a loin chop. Boneless pork chops will cook faster than bone in, but it's completely personal preference.
- Gluten Free Panko - Light, airy, and flaky, Gluten Free gives the perfect golden crunch to these juicy pork chops.
- Egg - Combined with water, this creates the glue to bind the panko breadcrumbs to the pork chops.
- Water - Helps create the egg was that binds the panko to the pork chops.
- Cornstarch - Gives the egg wash something to cling to on the pork chops and helps create tat crispy crust.
- Kosher Salt - Enhances all of the natura flavors of the pork.
- Black Pepper - Adds a mellow, earthy hint of spice.
- Vegetable Oil - A good neutral oil with a high smoke point perfect for frying.
How to Make Gluten and Dairy Free Easy Fried Pork Chops
Armed with your favorite skillet and less than 30 minutes, this meal comes together quickly, perfect for any night of the week.
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Get the mashed potatoes and green beans going. This southern comfort food couldn't be easier.
Pat your pork chops dry and season both sides with salt and pepper.
Create a breading station. Add your cornstarch to one shallow bowl, egg wash to a second, and Gluten Free panko to a third.
Dip a pork chop into the corn starch and shake off the excess. Dip it into the egg wash and then dip it into the panko breadcrumbs. Repeat with the remaining pork chops.
Heat your oil in a large frying pan over medium heat to about 350 degrees. Once heated through place your pork chops into the pan, careful not to crowd them.
Allow the first side to fry for 3-4 minutes before flipping. Flip them and cook the second side for about the same amount of time, or until golden brown. The pork should be around 145 degrees.
Remove the pork chops to a wire rack or paper towel lined plate and allow them to drain.
Is there anything more classic than crispy pork chops and mashed potatoes? Serve up these chops with your favorite comforting sides and enjoy!
While this recipe is all about the Gluten and Dairy Free Easy Fried Pork Chops, the same method and ingredients can be used to create crispy yet juicy fried chicken cutlets.
Tools for Gluten and Dairy Free Easy Fried Pork Chops
- Spatula - There is nothing worse than either having your patter fall off or splattering your oil when it comes to flipping your fried pork chops. L'ang Garden makes my favorite spatula for frying. It's heat resistant and delicate enough for frying fish while being strong enough for a meaty and might pork chop.
- Frying Pan
These savory pork chops are as much about the texture as they are the flavors. Using a wire rack to drain them on allows the air to circulate, leaving a crispy bottom and top!
Gluten and Dairy Free Easy Fried Pork Chops
- 1 Spatula
- 3 shallow bowls
- 1 large frying pan
- 3-5 pork chops
- 1 cup Gluten Free panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Pat your pork chops dry. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Create your breading station. Add the cornstarch to one shallow dish. Whisk together the egg and water in a second dish. Add the panko breadcrumbs to a third dish.
- Dip a pork chop into the cornstarch and shake off the excess. Dip it into the egg wash and then dip it into the panko. Repeat with the remaining pork chops.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. It should be about 350 degrees.
- Carefully place the pork chops into the hot oil, making sure not to crowd them. You can fry them in batches if you have to.
- Allow the first side to fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Flip them and allow the second side to cook for about the same time, or until the crust is golden brown and the pork chops are around 145 degrees.
- Transfer them to a paper towel lined plate or cooling rack so they can drain.
Leave a Reply