When I create recipe, I don’t want them to just be the best Gluten Free and Dairy Free dish someone has had, I want everyone regardless of their diet to fall in love with it. This Dairy Free Lemon Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce will be the dessert everyone will love.
I recently attended a friend’s baby shower and brought this cheesecake for dessert. At the end of the party the grandmother of one of my friend’s came up to me and said that it was the best cheesecake she’d ever had. Not the best Dairy Free cheese, but best cheesecake.
Creamy and Dreamy
Dairy Free Lemon Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce delivers on that decadent and creamy texture you crave in cheesecake without compromise. Sweet, tangy, and a burst of sunshine, everything about this dessert is happy.
There’s just something about that combination of lemons and blueberries that instantly feels like summer. The brightness of citrus balanced by that natural sweetness of blueberries makes them an ideal pairing. Add in the luxurious silkiness of cheesecake and you will have family and friends fighting over the last slice.
One of my favorite parts of this cheesecake is that it can be made year-round. It’s a celebration of the season’s bounty when fresh blueberries are available, but it can just as easily be made with frozen blueberries. Make this sauce for the cheesecake, but have fun adding it to different things like waffles or French toast.
This confection is not only a crowd pleaser, it’s ideal for any occasion. It’s equally at home celebrating the arrival of a friend’s new baby to a backyard barbecue, and the Sunday dinners in between.
Baking Up Your Dairy Free Lemon Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce
Serving up decadent and delicious treats shouldn’t be complicated. With just a few easy steps, you’ll be slicing into this sumptuous treat.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- To make your Gluten Free graham cracker crust simply add all of your graham crackers to a blender or food processor and pulse until they form a fine sand texture. Add the crumbs and the remaining ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Spray a 9″ springform pan with nonstick baking spray and press your crust into the bottom. You can use the bottom of a measuring cup for this. Allow the crust to refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the cheesecake.
- Add your sugar, lemon zest, and eggs to a bowl and mix on high for 5 minutes. The eggs will lighten in color and become airy.
- Make sure your Dairy Free cream cheese is at room temperature. Mix in the cream cheese, making sure everything is thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix on high for 3 more minutes. The mixture will be incredibly creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the chilled springform pan.
- Place the cheesecake on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Don’t rush the process! Do not open the door during this time.
- Allow your Dairy Free Lemon Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce to cool for an hour on the counter before refrigerating it for at least 6 hours.
- To make your blueberry sauce add all of your ingredients to a pot and allow to simmer for 25 minutes. The natural pectin in the blueberries will help the sauce thicken.
- Place the sauce in an airtight container and allow to chill before serving.
Do you love cheesecake as much as I do? Make sure you check out my recipe for The Best Dairy Free and Gluten Free Cheesecake. Now let’s get baking!
Dairy Free Lemon Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Mixer
- 1 saucepan
- 1 Blender
- 1 9" springform pan
Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crust
- 3 cups Gluten Free graham crackers
- 10 tbsp Dairy Free butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 16 oz Dairy Free cream cheese, room temperature
- 12 oz Dairy Free sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract the better the quality, the deeper the flavor
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 12 oz fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
Graham Cracker Crust
- Add the graham crackers to a blender or food processor. Pulse until they form a find sandy crumb.
- Transfer the crumbs to a bowl with the remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- Spray a 9" springform pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Pour the crust mixture into the prepared springform pan. Press down to create an even layer on the bottom and press the crumbs up onto the sides. The bottom of a measuring cup can be used for this.
- Allow the crust to refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Add the room temperature cream cheese to a mixing bowl and mix for 3 minutes or until smooth. Scrape down the sides half way and continue for the rest of the time.
- Add the egg and egg yolks one at a time and mix until combine and light in color.
- Add in the sour cream, lemon juice, sugar, vanilla extract and zest and mix on high for additional 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides half way. The filling will become light and airy.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Do not open the door during this time!
- Allow the cheesecake to cool on the counter for one hour before refrigerating it for at least 6 hours.
- Serve with blueberry sauce. Enjoy!
- Add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Allow the mixture to simmer for 25 minutes and thicken.
- Pour the blueberry sauce into an airtight container. Let chill completely before serving.